To all the Hoffa haters

menotyou

bella amicizia
Not healthy at all. Too much sitting, too. He needs to work out. He isn't as fat as my BA has gotten, so that's a good thing.

A

anonymous6

for one thing he and we and some others have kept mexican truckers out of this country.

804brown

Hoffa did one thing right, its the same thing Ted Kennedy did right, he was born with the right name.

Please dont even compare these two. Hoffa is a weak leader who doesnt know how to stand up to Corporate America. Ted Kennedy fought the powers that be on behalf of the poor and middle class all his life!!

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Please dont even compare these two. Hoffa is a weak leader who doesnt know how to stand up to Corporate America. Ted Kennedy fought the powers that be on behalf of the poor and middle class all his life!!

IF Ted Kennedy had been Edward Moore he never would have been a senator. Please dont pretend Teddy got anywhere he did without his name and daddy.

Please dont even compare these two. Hoffa is a weak leader who doesnt know how to stand up to Corporate America. Ted Kennedy could drink you under the table and drive you off a cliff plus he fought the powers that be on behalf of the poor and middle class all his life!!

upsset

One thing he did right was to open negotiations on the last contract early. I wasn't sure it was a good move at the time but as it turns out we didn't loose anything and we are still getting raises in a bad economy.

alwaysoverallowed

He's kept YRC and UPS profits' up. He's cozzied up to CEO and CFO's making sure we kill ourselves for dividends. I have often thought of sending a package to Jimmy Jr. and asking him to show me how to lift, load, and deliver the package according to UPS standards then send me a video of him mastering these techniques. My reply has already been scripted by my sups. "The overallowed says it should be done faster." This guy should have Telematics attached to his lips to see if he's kissing *****es fast enough.

C

chuchu

One thing he did right was to open negotiations on the last contract early. I wasn't sure it was a good move at the time but as it turns out we didn't loose anything and we are still getting raises in a bad economy.
He had to open the negotiations early. Dragging it out with a strike on the horizon isn't a great option for the union. We (UPSers) will exist with or without the Teamsters; he is just covering his own interests and I don't think the Teamsters will exist without us. Our strike in 1997 with Ron Carey as President showed the company we didn't trust them regardless of what they SAY because we have seen what they DO. UPS net profits are up at least 500% from 1997 and we know whose families have suffered not having Dad (or Mom) home for supper and at their special activities because of the corporate greed that has driven the profits to where they are today. By forcing manditory overtime and harrassing the workers into submission because of the poor job market UPS management has created a militant work force. They better settle this one early too because there are ALOT of hourlies that hate the management because they are abusive, liars, incompetant and disrespectful. Why would we take pay cuts and benefit reductions when we are a LARGE part of why this company is making record profits? Where are the 22-3 jobs, etc? Hoffa is more of a "business man" said Jim Kelly. Give me a Ron Carey any day over 1000 "business men" like Hoffa. Maybe that is why our BAs don't have the guts to take a stand for us. Paid off company snitches.The whole bunch makes me sick to my stomach.

804brown

IF Ted Kennedy had been Edward Moore he never would have been a senator. Please dont pretend Teddy got anywhere he did without his name and daddy.

You might be right about his name as welll as people like george sr and jr bush. But once he was in the senate, teddy always did the right thing by labor and working people!!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

How do you figure we lost nothing. We lost 40,000 members of the Central States Pension fund. Traded them off for the right to organize 12,000 UPS Freight workers. What do you think that did for the current retirerees in the fund. That fund is not operating at an upside down rate of 4 retirees to 1 active working employee. It also led the way for many, many other companies to pull out of the fund in fear that it may fail and their employees will get 1/3 of their guaranteed pension.

If you don't remember that is the main reason we went on strike in 97, to keep the company from getting ahold of that pension fund. Hoffa gave it to them on a silver platter to make himself look like the big shot organizer that finally got overnight freight to join the teamsters. Then he allowed those UPS freight workers to join the company pension plan and not the Central States plan like all others in the national master freight agreement.

Thats just one thing we gave up. We could start a list if you want, but I don't have time!!

804brown

I think he needs to take "motivational speaker" off his resume. Unless of course he wants Obabble to hire him as his press secretary. Just try and picture that scene.

You criticize Obama for his speaking style?? It is one thing he does really good. If you are just trying to put him down, well he is looking better everday those mental midgets run against him!!