To fed-ex

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Picture this.....
8025446-rural-mailboxes-in-a-dirt-street-wide-angle-shot.jpg

And then consider that is the last time you will see a house number......The only house that will have a little sign by it's driveway is the only house that NEVER gets anything...

1/3rd of my country stops were down roads like this. Many a small package found their home in a mailbox. I talked to a customer at one of these mailbox groups and she said that they generally prefer'd me to put it in the mailbox if I didn't know what house was what. She said they have more of an issue with the driver before me just guessing and leaving the box at the wrong house.

Of course, this is only when the package will actually fit in the mailbox...Bigger boxes would find a home at the correct house....but much time would be wasted by either knocking on a door and asking or finding the number on the house that was painted the same color as the house.
8025446-rural-mailboxes-in-a-dirt-street-wide-angle-shot.jpg

Kis124

To FedEx? This is brown cafe. Using a mailbox for non US Mail is illegal. Conversely, the OP is bitching about a driver being lazy for a small package in their box yet doesn't have an issue walking out there everyday for envelopes? Am I missing something? Knit picking? Lazy? Or chronic complaining?

I know there are fed ex drivers on here...thats why I posted it. And My porch is more out of sight than my mail box. Chronic complaining? that would imply that I have compalained at least one other time. I do not believe I have. No bad weather here yesterday, matter of fact..it was down right beautiful out. My mail carrier had no problem walking down the driveway with a much bigger box and the rest of my mail. And she is not a small woman.

rod

Retired 22 years
Be careful putting pkgs in mailboxes. If there is a mail carrier on that route who goes by the book he will take the package back to the post office. Then if the post master is an grumpy old bastard like most of them are he will leave the package in his office for a week or two before he calls the UPS 800 number and insits that your center manager pick up the package at the post office in person. They did that to us on a number of occasions. By Federal law a mailbox can only be used for "mail".

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I know there are fed ex drivers on here...thats why I posted it. And My porch is more out of sight than my mail box. Chronic complaining? that would imply that I have compalained at least one other time. I do not believe I have. No bad weather here yesterday, matter of fact..it was down right beautiful out. My mail carrier had no problem walking down the driveway with a much bigger box and the rest of my mail. And she is not a small woman.

Lighten Up Francis - YouTube

instantK

I only stick it in the mailbox if its small and fits easily, if the postal mail is already in, and its dark or snowy long driveway...

instantK

Don't hate on my bonus!
Trust me I hate to DR in the mailbox, but I have spoken to a few customers and they would prefer me DR in mailbox or DR bag on tree rather me trying to get up there snow covered Drivewayas

Kis124

I only stick it in the mailbox if its small and fits easily, if the postal mail is already in, and its dark or snowy long driveway...
My postal mail comes around 4-5 pm...Fed-ex usually is in the area in the morning. And being in the 60's that day, wasn't snowy...long, but clear

DS

Fenderbender
Up here we own our own mailboxes.I don't get this,does the USPS supply
the public with mailboxes? You Americans have some weird laws.
I often leave stuff in them,and they're great for brokerage COD's,I leave
an infonotice asking them to leave me a check,and their copy of the charges .
Everyone checks their mailbox.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We also own our own mailboxes (well, I don't----we have a bulk mailbox where I live) but it is still illegal for anyone other than a postal employee or the mailbox owner to go inside someone else's mailbox.

That being said, I have also left packages in mailboxes.

You have to buy your mailbox but its postoffice property!!!Just like the old days when Ma Bell owned your phone but you had to pay for it!! Eh welcome to the good ole US of A...Look who we have for president!!!Anymore questions>>??

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You have to buy your mailbox but its postoffice property!!!Just like the old days when Ma Bell owned your phone but you had to pay for it!! Eh welcome to the good ole US of A...Look who we have for president!!!Anymore questions>>??

Now we're blaming Obama for postal regulations and ancient telephone rules?

probellringer

My postal mail comes around 4-5 pm...Fed-ex usually is in the area in the morning. And being in the 60's that day, wasn't snowy...long, but clear

just out of curiousity...do you give your driver anything for christmas? and do you know him/her? might be a cover driver thing

Buck Fifty

Picture this.....
View attachment 8295

And then consider that is the last time you will see a house number......The only house that will have a little sign by it's driveway is the only house that NEVER gets anything...

1/3rd of my country stops were down roads like this. Many a small package found their home in a mailbox. I talked to a customer at one of these mailbox groups and she said that they generally prefer'd me to put it in the mailbox if I didn't know what house was what. She said they have more of an issue with the driver before me just guessing and leaving the box at the wrong house.

Of course, this is only when the package will actually fit in the mailbox...Bigger boxes would find a home at the correct house....but much time would be wasted by either knocking on a door and asking or finding the number on the house that was painted the same color as the house.

Good point !!!