To me this is an emergency, I need help finding lost parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey J

Hi fellas, I apologize for invading your forum but I figured this is my last resort. I restore motorcycles for a living and I sent my chrome off to Canada from SD like I always do and when it finally came back the boxes had suffered quite a bit somewhere along the line, they were pretty bashed up and the corners were open so some of the parts fell out. Usually this would be no big deal, I would just buy replacements but this time I can't. The 2 bikes I am working on are very rare and the parts that can't be found are irreplaceable, I have looked all over the world with no luck. The boxes were in Customs at Detroit for almost 2 weeks but they weren't inspected, there was no Customs labels or stickers on them. Then they went to Toledo, Chicago, Sioux Falls and then here. I have talked to the regional supervisors in Aberdeen SD and Minneapolis. Chris in Minneapolis said they have looked as good as they can and can't find them so they must have been lost in customs, but they didn't get opened there so I have some doubt. I then talked to a lady in Louisville KY(I called her by mistake)that is the brokerage post entry supervisor and although it isn't her division she tried to help. She did some checking and said her person in Detroit had no notes of damaged boxes so she thinks it may have happened after that. She told me to call 1-800-742-5877 and ask for the number for overburden in Toledo and Chicago. I called the number and the fellow said they didn't have the numbers for overburden in those places and he couldn't help. I am desperate to find these 2 parts(actually 4 are missing but the other 3 I can replace so I don't care)before too much time passes. Is there anyway someone here can help me? The tracking number was #1Z5052870810091400 and 419, there was 2 boxes. The parts were stapled in clear plastic bags and wrapped in thin white foam sheeting with masking tape holding the foam. The parts that are missing are the 4 in the lower right hand corner of the picture. The single part in the bag is to show how they were wrapped under the white foam. Once again I'm sorry for being on a forum I don't belong but I am desperate. thanks, Jeff

mitzel%204844_zpsgrkyu5mu.jpg

IMG_2978_zpsog09sdpv.jpg

Jeffrey J

The parts are not replaceable, if they were I wouldn't have come here asking for help. I just thought since the higher ups can't seem to do anything maybe someone here would be able to do something for me. You will never know if you don't ask. Sorry for bothering you guys.

rod

Retired 22 years
I feel sorry for this guy. He's trying desperately to locate irreplaceable parts and all he's getting is wise cracks. I like to joke around as much as the next guy but this thread isn't the place. I can't offer him any help and I hate to inform him that there are hundreds of places this stuff could have fallen out. We used to find all kinds of weird stuff laying in the bottom of the trailers that had fallen out of poorly packaged boxes (and that's what this story boils down to). We would turn it into management and lord knows what, if anything, they would do with it. I do know if it was just nuts and bolts they would trash it. Good luck to the OP on finding his stuff.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I feel sorry for this guy. He's trying desperately to locate irreplaceable parts and all he's getting is wise cracks. I like to joke around as much as the next guy but this thread isn't the place. I can't offer him any help and I hate to inform him that there are hundreds of places this stuff could have fallen out. We used to find all kinds of weird stuff laying in the bottom of the trailers that had fallen out of poorly packaged boxes (and that's what this story boils down to). We would turn it into management and lord knows what, if anything, they would do with it. I do know if it was just nuts and bolts they would trash it. Good luck to the OP on finding his stuff.
Don’t go getting soft just because it’s motorcycle parts. I expect more out of you!

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Maybe he did get help. You never know what people post in a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.