To Put Our Debt In Perspective. A Quote From Dave Ramsey

Overpaid Union Thug

‎"If the US Government was a family, they would be making $58,000 a year, they spend $75,000 a year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their spending to $72,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand." - Dave Ramsey

moreluck

golden ticket member
Familys do it better !!!!

Now it's like the Dems. are blaming the ref (S&P rating)...........typical poor sport stuff.

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't think anyone could have summed up our current situation any better than that. It just proves that bloated government and liberalism are horrible ideas. And also that liberals shouldn't be allowed to spend money. EVER!

klein

Für Meno :)
‎"If the US Government was a family, they would be making $58,000 a year, they spend $75,000 a year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their spending to $72,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand." - Dave Ramsey

You must add :

"And they refuse to earn more income" (no tax revenue increases)

klein

Under Bush your statement would read like this :

"If the US Government was a family, they would be making $55,000 a year, they spend $72,000 a year, & are $302,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending (on tax cuts, and wars) to add to their spending to $75,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand." - In the Bush years - klein

Never give the keys back to the drivers seat to the GOP !

Lue C Fur

Evil member
You must add :

"And they refuse to earn more income" (no tax revenue increases)

And you forgot to add that they get a better job to make more money...like selling Weiners. Or maybe they dont get fired for drinking on the job so they have money to pay their bills.

klein

And you forgot to add that they get a better job to make more money...like selling Weiners. Or maybe they dont get fired for drinking on the job so they have money to pay their bills.

Surely you can't be talking about me, as you can tell my bills are paid, otherwise I wouldn't have cable, internet and phone, electricity & water,car & home insurance.
I'll get a winter job to help me out, and next Spring it's going to be 1 special event to another. All these that I did, and doing, this year, and get some more.
I can earn more in 1 weekend then you in an entire month, and if it's really good, like Boonstock, more in 1 day !

I won't need to work next Winter at all. Actually, I really don't need to this year either, but it's nice to have some more extra spare cash on the side.

Overpaid Union Thug

Under Bush your statement would read like this :"If the US Government was a family, they would be making $55,000 a year, they spend $72,000 a year, & are $302,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending (on tax cuts, and wars) to add to their spending to $75,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand." - In the Bush years - klein Never give the keys back to the drivers seat to the GOP !

The "Bush Years" were primarily liberal years in Congress. Enough said.

klein

I can earn more in 1 weekend then you in an entire month, and if it's really good, like Boonstock, more in 1 day !.[/QUOTE

Really? Does that include all the benifits? Please oh wise Canadian...tell us how much you make.

I calculate that 5% of all people attending will buy from me in any giving special event.
That's how I pre-order my dogs/smokies & buns anyways. Buns I buy about 35% to 40% whole wheat and 60-65% white.
Sofar it has worked out pretty good that way. 80% of all sales are All Beef Jumbo dogs that sell for $3.75, 20% are split up between the smokies... cheddar and regular that sell for $4.00 and $4.25
None of the above costs more then 60cents each. But including the bun and condiments the average cost is 70cents per dog.
Bottled water is the biggest earner, costing me just over 10 cents per bottle and sells for $1.25. At Boonstock (outdoor concert - I sold water for $2.00, while others were selling it for $3.00 per bottle, I later learned) !

Anyways, this upcomming Grove Cruise Antique Car Show will have about 5000 visitors, it's actually the smallest event I'm going to this year.
The last event that lasted 7 days had over 20.000 visitors per day, and Boonstock had around 15000 per day for 4 days.

However, this Car Show on Saturday will only have me as the 1 and only hotdog vendor, and my brother as the 1 and only Hamburger vendor.
I'm still going to be on the conservative side and calculate 5%, and order 300 buns and dogs/smokies, plus another 200 for the following Sunday where we'll be outside an Art Gallery, and be the only food suppliers for this all day Art Show occasion.

It wouldn't be the first time that I needed to shut down my hotdog cart for 40minutes to get more supplies, but I'm hoping my calulations are close enough.

Basically, if I sell those 500 including soda pop/water this weekend, plus extra coffee and ice cream sales.....I should be around or over $3000 net pay .
I still need to find out if the general public walks by our stands at the Art Gallery, if that's the case, I'll need to order a lot more.

As far as bennies, I really don't care. I have health insurance thru our government, and more then enough in pensions comming towards me already.

He is up $68 over the weekend from scratch off lottery tickets.

I very seldom play scratch and win tickets actually..... I play the National and State (Province) Lotteries.... my next wager is $11.00 on Wednesday (I have a system) :)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
'Lucky' woman who won lottery four times outed as Stanford University statistics PhD
Joan R. Ginther, 63, from Texas, won $5.4 million, then a decade later, she won $2 million, then two years later $3 million and finally, in the spring of 2008, she hit a $10 million jackpot.The odds of this has been calculated at one in eighteen septillion and luck like this could only come once every quadrillion years.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-University-statistics-PhD.html#ixzz1UTqgPkiw

Surely you can't be talking about me, as you can tell my bills are paid, otherwise I wouldn't have cable, internet and phone, electricity & water,car & home insurance.

Don`t get your undies in a bundle. He was talking about that loser from Canada.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The story was told today that when Obama was first elected he assigned someone to get him all the info. on the deficit. He didn't like what he saw in the submission and shelved it. From there he went on his health care kick. Then all this stuff happened.

I calculate that 5% of all people attending will buy from me in any giving special event.
That's how I pre-order my dogs/smokies & buns anyways. Buns I buy about 35% to 40% whole wheat and 60-65% white.
Sofar it has worked out pretty good that way. 80% of all sales are All Beef Jumbo dogs that sell for $3.75, 20% are split up between the smokies... cheddar and regular that sell for $4.00 and $4.25
None of the above costs more then 60cents each. But including the bun and condiments the average cost is 70cents per dog.
Bottled water is the biggest earner, costing me just over 10 cents per bottle and sells for $1.25. At Boonstock (outdoor concert - I sold water for $2.00, while others were selling it for $3.00 per bottle, I later learned) !

Anyways, this upcomming Grove Cruise Antique Car Show will have about 5000 visitors, it's actually the smallest event I'm going to this year.
The last event that lasted 7 days had over 20.000 visitors per day, and Boonstock had around 15000 per day for 4 days.

However, this Car Show on Saturday will only have me as the 1 and only hotdog vendor, and my brother as the 1 and only Hamburger vendor.
I'm still going to be on the conservative side and calculate 5%, and order 300 buns and dogs/smokies, plus another 200 for the following Sunday where we'll be outside an Art Gallery, and be the only food suppliers for this all day Art Show occasion.

It wouldn't be the first time that I needed to shut down my hotdog cart for 40minutes to get more supplies, but I'm hoping my calulations are close enough.

Basically, if I sell those 500 including soda pop/water this weekend, plus extra coffee and ice cream sales.....I should be around or over $3000 net pay .
I still need to find out if the general public walks by our stands at the Art Gallery, if that's the case, I'll need to order a lot more.

As far as bennies, I really don't care. I have health insurance thru our government, and more then enough in pensions comming towards me already.

Be honest. You just do it so you can finally ask folks if they`ve seen your weiner and for once not get arrested for it.