To the new guys in preload

ups_drone

I see/hear it every morning, the new guys getting stressed out, frustrated, and overwhelmed and wondering wtf to do. Guys, the key to succeeding as a loader is easy. Just calm down. I’ve been there, I know how it feels to get :censored2: on everyday. I load 3 trucks every day and work on the heaviest/fastest belt in our center, so during that time I’ve learned some things that’s really saved my sanity. If you’re stacked the fk out take a minute to get your bearings, clear your egress, and focus on one truck at a time. Continue stacking your other trucks while working on that one truck until it’s clean enough to move on to the next. Or if your :censored2: is coming so fast and heavy that you barley have time to pull/stack don’t be afraid to stop the belt for a minute. It’s there for a reason. Your sup might throw a temper tantrum but all you gotta say is you’re trying to “work safe”. This doesn’t mean stop the belt every 10 minutes though lol, your coworkers WILL :censored2: talk you. Don’t make the guys down from you pull your :censored2: because 1. They will hate working with you and 2. You’re only screwing your self over when they throw random boxes back up at you ruining your egress and making it extremely easy to misload. Focus more on pulling and stacking correctly and worry less about loading because there will ALWAYS be time afterwards to load/clean up and maybe you’ll get some help too (if you’re not a :censored2:. Remember to always ask your fellow loaders if they need help if you finish before them, best way to earn respect). Also, this is very important (unless you haven’t hit seniority yet) don’t let your sup get in your head. When they start yelling and you and cussing you for not being “fast/good enough” just say “ok” and keep doing your thing. The most frustrating thing is when you’re busting your ass and then your sup comes up harassing you, making everything so much worse. You can NOT be fired for stacking out everyday, so what’s the point of getting mad. Yeah it sucks the first couple months but I promise you after a while it becomes easier and I can’t help but laugh at the stupid bull:censored2: UPS puts all of us through every single day. If anyone actually read this and has and questions/anything to add I’m more than willing to help. UPS is way too negative and barely trains new hires.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I see/hear it every morning, the new guys getting stressed out, frustrated, and overwhelmed and wondering wtf to do. Guys, the key to succeeding as a loader is easy. Just calm down. I’ve been there, I know how it feels to get :censored2: on everyday. I load 3 trucks every day and work on the heaviest/fastest belt in our center, so during that time I’ve learned some things that’s really saved my sanity. If you’re stacked the fk out take a minute to get your bearings, clear your egress, and focus on one truck at a time. Continue stacking your other trucks while working on that one truck until it’s clean enough to move on to the next. Or if your :censored2: is coming so fast and heavy that you barley have time to pull/stack don’t be afraid to stop the belt for a minute. It’s there for a reason. Your sup might throw a temper tantrum but all you gotta say is you’re trying to “work safe”. This doesn’t mean stop the belt every 10 minutes though lol, your coworkers WILL :censored2: talk you. Don’t make the guys down from you pull your :censored2: because 1. They will hate working with you and 2. You’re only screwing your self over when they throw random boxes back up at you ruining your egress and making it extremely easy to misload. Focus more on pulling and stacking correctly and worry less about loading because there will ALWAYS be time afterwards to load/clean up and maybe you’ll get some help too (if you’re not a :censored2:. Remember to always ask your fellow loaders if they need help if you finish before them, best way to earn respect). Also, this is very important (unless you haven’t hit seniority yet) don’t let your sup get in your head. When they start yelling and you and cussing you for not being “fast/good enough” just say “ok” and keep doing your thing. The most frustrating thing is when you’re busting your ass and then your sup comes up harassing you, making everything so much worse. You can NOT be fired for stacking out everyday, so what’s the point of getting mad. Yeah it sucks the first couple months but I promise you after a while it becomes easier and I can’t help but laugh at the stupid bull:censored2: UPS puts all of us through every single day. If anyone actually read this and has and questions/anything to add I’m more than willing to help. UPS is way too negative and barely trains new hires.
IMG_1806.gif

Big Heavy Package Handler

Geeeeezus. If anyone can read that more power to them.
How come nobody ever has the easiest pull in the building on here?

I have the easiest pool in the building. 1 car pool that delivers to a fairly rural area of WV. The guy that runs the route his the highest seniority delivery driver in the building I’m pretty sure and he’s very respected. I have to sort the belt too which is the only hard part because of how many miss sorts our belt gets. I love my job. Can’t wait to be a driver and hate my job again.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have the easiest pool in the building. 1 car pool that delivers to a fairly rural area of WV. The guy that runs the route his the highest seniority delivery driver in the building I’m pretty sure and he’s very respected. I have to sort the belt too which is the only hard part because of how many miss sorts our belt gets. I love my job. Can’t wait to be a driver and hate my job again.

Is that how you say “pull” in WV?