To those that lurk more than post...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Some good points made...

When I was told about this site about 2 years, or so, ago I didn't realize the scale of what it was. You don't have to search very far to find something on the fringe like 401k info. or about the flu that should hit all of us this winter. Having said that, if you choose to be a lurker, contributor, doctor, lawyer, Indian chief, what ever... the bottom line on this site is that the majority of information comes from drivers. Real drivers, regardless of seniority (and honestly, we can tell who drives and who doesn't) that have real concerns about their job.

It's far too easy to forget that this company doesn't function without us, THE DRIVERS. I don't need a guy/gal with telematics, a clipboard, or a dark pair of sunglasses following me around to make sure I keep the company afloat. I am the one moving the cardboard and making REAL money for UPS. You can double management and triple the centers or fire management and close them all. The cardboard has to be moved from point A to point B.

If you are not carrying cardboard then I am carrying you...
Nice quote!

I find it amusing that tieguy is controlling all you repliers out there.
Remember, every time someone posts something that you find objectionable and you reply, that person is controlling you.

That is why tieguy does not like me, because i do not respond to his posts in the manner he wants me to ... I do not let him control me.

Just a thought. :peaceful:
I find it easiest when you don't quote or directly reply to this type of member.

See folks. A perfect example of how I have controlled another poster. :funny:
I see you have been learning JUDO.

Boy......
If I didn't know better, I'd of thought there was a Republican-Democrat Senate debate going on here!

One thing we can be sure of. Nothing of meaning will ever get decided here, either!

Just kidding........about here....not the Senate.
This could happen here, but I believe, for the right price, there's a seat available in Illinois.:surprised:

satellitedriver

I'm not sure if you noticed or not but that was me and not red posting the question to your unprovoked attack on me.
That was the worm on the hook and you took the bait.
You gave up control, to Hoke, when the barb was set.

I am really surprised that you did not catch the intended sarcasm.
Tie, whats up?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Well, the value of sites like this is a free and open discourse of different perspective.

From a management perspective, I can tell you in my experience, your 95% estimate is a tad high, but not by much. However, even that to me is wayyyyy to low. 5% slugs who do not give 100% (again, perspectives, to me 100% is a fair days work, so any less is a violation of the labor agreement) is way too many. How would you feel if you bank said it would get 95% of the deposits and withdrawals to your account correct? Would you be ok with that?

Violation of the labor agreement?
Management blatantly violates this same agreement at a rate that would make your bank analogy look like a great deal in comparison.
I don't condone slackers on either side of the fence.
Managers who work in glass offices should not throw stones.

brownIEman

Violation of the labor agreement?
Management blatantly violates this same agreement at a rate that would make your bank analogy look like a great deal in comparison.
I don't condone slackers on either side of the fence.
Managers who work in glass offices should not throw stones.

Wait, Are you saying here that no managers should try to hold any union employees to the labor agreement because some management people violate it? Two wrongs make a right?

Or are you just saying that Management that violate the labor agreement should not point out when union employees are not giving a fair days work? By this same logic, would you tell a union employee who is a slacker to just STFU if he starts to complain or want to grieve a management person working?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Wait, Are you saying here that no managers should try to hold any union employees to the labor agreement because some management people violate it? Two wrongs make a right?

Or are you just saying that Management that violate the labor agreement should not point out when union employees are not giving a fair days work? By this same logic, would you tell a union employee who is a slacker to just STFU if he starts to complain or want to grieve a management person working?

"I don't condone slackers on either side of the fence."

No gray area there.
A labor agreement "bargained in good faith", quoted when convenient, then ignored for the same reason is hypocritical.
I would tell the slacker that he will pay the price for his work ethic and to grieve the supervisor working
I don't try to compare apples and oranges.
That's what I'm saying.

brownIEman

"I don't condone slackers on either side of the fence."

No gray area there.
A labor agreement "bargained in good faith", quoted when convenient, then ignored for the same reason is hypocritical.
I would tell the slacker that he will pay the price for his work ethic and to grieve the supervisor working
I don't try to compare apples and oranges.
That's what I'm saying.

I am in agreement. Both sides do this routinely.