To Train or not to Train........

Dave A.

Hello everyone, so I'm thinking about becoming a Feeder Driver Trainer. any advise on the pros and cons of this job would be appreciated. i have 25 years experience and 5 in training and compliance in my previous job. and didn't know if their were anything i should know before making a decision regarding this career move.i know Drivers make more money so whats the upside?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Hello everyone, so I'm thinking about becoming a Feeder Driver Trainer. any advise on the pros and cons of this job would be appreciated. i have 25 years experience and 5 in training and compliance in my previous job. and didn't know if their were anything i should know before making a decision regarding this career move.i know Drivers make more money so whats the upside?

What is a Feeder Driver Trainer?

Around here, feeder drivers are trained by the feeder sups. They don't hire trainers.

Maybe someone else, in a different area, can help us both out and possibly explain.

over9five

Staff member
We have sups that are called trainers here. They go to some UPS school with zero driving experience, and now train others, and do yearly rides, etc.
One is starting school soon. She just came to Feeders, was management somewhere else for UPS.

Cementups

Box Monkey
This is how I feel on a daily basis.....

latest

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
We have sups that are called trainers here. They go to some UPS school with zero driving experience, and now train others, and do yearly rides, etc.
One is starting school soon. She just came to Feeders, was management somewhere else for UPS.

This I can understand. They train current sups to train drivers and do safety rides. Not all feeder sups are qualified to train drivers.

But it sounds like this guy is off the street and wants to be hired as a trainer.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Lol, you understand it till you have your trainer sitting beside you, and you realize you have 5 more safe driving years than he's been alive...

I get what you're saying tho, didn't hit me that he wanted the job from the outside.
I did an annual on a guy last year that started driving when my parents were in middle school. Made for an interesting time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So, you train those fat slobs for what? To lose weight? Pass their DOT's?

brownelf

Only UPS could overlook the fact that they already have the best trainers on staff and driving already. They're called Circle of Honor drivers.