Tobacco usage.

Theichii

How many of ya'll smoke or dip while driving? And if you dip, do you go into businesses and hope they don't want to hold a conversation?

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
Been long time since last post

Yea I dip and deliver to 3 hospitals I have on the rt. I have been on this week. I have dipped for a long time and I can hold conversations with all mu customers with no problem. I know most people think its a disgusting habit, you just need to know where to spit.....hehehe. Most of the drivers I work with don't even know I dip.
with that being said I do work with others that dip that are disgusting, dip all over their lips and sounds like they are drowning in their spit. Each to their own.

City Driver

nice story about that

a few months ago i had to drive another drivers tractor, he dips alot and he thought it was a good idea to just lay newspaper on the ground and and spit all over that instead of using a cup

it was pretty nasty, i told him to clean that sh** up

Catatonic

Nine Lives
nice story about that

a few months ago i had to drive another drivers tractor, he dips alot and he thought it was a good idea to just lay newspaper on the ground and and spit all over that instead of using a cup

Does this mean that you'll soon come out of the closet and start dipping? :wink2:

City Driver

i dont have any problem with tobacco users, my only problem is with gays, blacks, jews, latinos, catholics, asians, lepers,pollacks, liberals, canadians, englishmen, towelheads, the french and anybody who isnt white protestant

(according to upstate and cachsux that is)

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
i dont have any problem with tobacco users, my only problem is with gays, blacks, jews, latinos, catholics, asians, lepers,pollacks, liberals, canadians, englishmen, towelheads, the french and anybody who isnt white protestant

I think this may have been one of City Drivers ancestors.
Blazing Saddles "We Don't Want the Irish!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I not long ago saw that movie uncut on the ABC Family Channel.
Not sure how they got away with that.
Could Mel Brooks get away with that movie today?

Several years ago, one of the drivers in my center was being constantly harrassed about his numbers. He repeatedly stated that the route needed to be time studied as he was doing nothing wrong. Still, management continued to harrass and threaten him.
Finally, the ds told him one morning that she would be driving with him to "work on his methods." He said, "Brown up, see you at the truck."
When she arrived at the truck, she said, "I know you smoke, but I hate any kind of smoke so don't do it today." He responded, "I smoke all day long and that ain't gonna change today." Normally, he smokes one pack a day. That day, he smoked three.
They stopped harrassing him after the ride when the ds said his route needs to be time studied.

sealbasher

i have the same problem lol

Don`t forget the Creole, they make fun of you because you don`t know who they are.

UPSer21

Operations Supervisor
This thread brings back memories. I remember when I was an hourly and I went out as a driver helper in the mornings, and loaded feeders on twilight. One day, the driver asked me if I would like a dip of his RedSeal wintergreen. Sure enough I said yes and it was my first dip. It made all the stops and crappy weather a little more tolerable as I enjoyed my free dips throughout peak.

Fast forward to present day, and I used to dip Copenhagen long all day while I ran an outbound belt. Now that I'm in Smalls Sort I have switched over to smoking due to the fact that the Smalls Sort work force consists of about 70% women (LOL). Nothing like a supervisor talking to his female employees with a large dip in his lip. I could tell they didn't like it. I still try to sneak a small dip in every now and then as I really don't even enjoy smoking that much. Don't worry I always used a capped spitter. :happy-very:

hdkappler

:happy2:best way to solve the tobacco usage?:happy-very:don't allow any tobacco usage in any package car or tractor.or on ups property except in your own car.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
:happy2:best way to solve the tobacco usage?:happy-very:don't allow any tobacco usage in any package car or tractor.or on ups property except in your own car.
+1
I believe that in MA it's against the law to smoke in a company vehicle, don't know about the dip. It should be that way everywhere.

whiskey

Okay, my Kraut/Mic friend.