Today is Founder's Day!!!

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Just sayin'. Maybe some other of you old timers can remember what this meant here at ups. We did have a cake today in commemoration. First founders day cake in a good while. Go figure. Didn't see another thread up today so I thought I would throw it out there. Says loads about "the legacy."

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We were given cake and Powerade. We had a 39 year employee work his last day, "Hambone" gave a great speech and will be greatly missed.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1440821318.799835.jpg

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
We had cake, bananas, apples, and all the hydrating H20 we could stand.

We also had 5 employees recognized for 20-25 years of service. All of them got $100 worth of corporate catalog merchandise.

I got a 10 hour plan and finished in 8.5.

Cuz, I'm a badass.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Only the drivers had some food, snacks, bottled water - but no cake. The driver's PCM had founders day mentioned, but for the hub preload, there was not a whisper from management. Funny how disorganized and segregated each side of operations is.

SCV good to go sir.

Cake, fruits, powdered gatorade, water, bagels w/ cream cheese. I indulged myself. Then I remembered that some of the members here (and my center) are too high on their horses to eat the cake, so I had a second slice for all of you. The twilight is getting hot dogs. I don't know about the preload.

BrownArmy

Definitely no food for anyone at my center.

Just a random mention in the PCM, before the WOW.

If you haven't experienced the WOW (useless stretching program involving a foot implement and a separate two-hands implement), I hope you never will.

I hoped WOW would blow over, but evidently UPS spent mad-money on this idiot program.

Which means they'll double-down at the first sign of failure...

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
They handed out donuts at my hub and a manager pretended to have a (3 second) phone call in order to avoid talking to me.

There was a really nice, slick banner they probably spent $200 on. I reflected on that while I thought about how they've shifted volume to :censored2: me out of overtime when I was living high on the hog on a 27 hour a week :censored2:ing pay check.

images

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Definitely no food for anyone at my center.

Just a random mention in the PCM, before the WOW.

If you haven't experienced the WOW (useless stretching program involving a foot implement and a separate two-hands implement), I hope you never will.

I hoped WOW would blow over, but evidently UPS spent mad-money on this idiot program.

Which means they'll double-down at the first sign of failure...
scary company "run" by sick people

nothing surprises me anymore

watdaflock?

Damn you dropped the ball then. Don't you run the place? Oh that's right you just get on here and act like you run it. In reality just like I said in another post you have no power. Just another punk A** PART TIME SUPERVISOR.
Damn Gina! Who pooped in your Wheaties?

Packmule

We had a cake and recognized some years of service awards. Done the way it should be, not overkilled by having an open house for families to come by and look at all the shiny trucks. And ride the crash simulator machine to see how necessary seat belts are a five mph. Used to do all that back in the '80s.
Now they just need to learn that if you're going to have cake do it right. Buttercream frosting please! Whipped cream frosting is pointless!