Today's PCM: You will be fired....

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
At our center PCM this morning...our center manager told us failure to follow instructions and work as directed will result in immediate termination. All loaders must use crayons to write HIN #s. No peeling stickers. Two loaders balked, argued and said they weren't going to do it because it takes too long (I agree with them). Both guys were walked out the
door. Way to drop the hammer _____ Center. :rolleyes2:

Nimnim

The Nim
th_093.gif

And the firings will stick. . .

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They flat out said they dont care if it increases misloads. The Division Manager wants it done this way...and we are expected to WAD.
WAD is the simplest part of working here.

Slow down. Write nice neat numbers don't have misloads. When the drivers are there 45 minutes loading their trucks it'll all go back to normal.

oldngray

nowhere special
At our center PCM this morning...our center manager told us failure to follow instructions and work as directed will result in immediate termination. All loaders must use crayons to write HIN #s. No peeling stickers. Two loaders balked, argued and said they weren't going to do it because it takes too long (I agree with them). Both guys were walked out the

What ever happened to progressive discipline? I knew a new manager that came in with a hard on to fire people and pulled similar BS about not stacking packages out behind package cars. Despite the fact that would mean the loaders wouldn't be able to walk into the cars to load them. He made an example of a couple of loaders then everything quietly went back to normal. Those loaders did get their jobs back but had to go through hearings first.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
WAD is the simplest part of working here.

Slow down. Write nice neat numbers don't have misloads. When the drivers are there 45 minutes loading their trucks it'll all go back to normal.
Exactly...I don't agree with their policy but I cannot afford to sit home for a month because of a pissing match with my center manager.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What ever happened to progressive discipline? I knew a new manager that came in with a hard on to fire people and pulled similar BS about not stacking packages out behind package cars. Despite the fact that would mean the loaders wouldn't be able to walk into the cars to load them. He made an example of a couple of loaders then everything quietly went back to normal. Those loaders did get their jobs back but had to go through hearings first.
Everything is a cardinal sin now.....lol

PT Car Washer

Not a good idea to look your Center Manager in the eyes and tell him no I am not going to do what you just told me to do. What else could he do at that point?