Told I cannot use my vacation the coming week

Capo

So I'm a PT preloader and have accumulated a week of vacation. I went to HR and started the process to become a 22.4 driver last week, did the physical, road test, however they couldn't get me in a class by this coming Monday, so it will likely be next Monday.

I asked my FT sup if I can take my vacation this coming week before Im put in a class and I lose it, he told me to take it the week after next, which is when I'll likely be put in a class

Am I screwed cause I didn't give notice?

So I'm a PT preloader and have accumulated a week of vacation. I went to HR and started the process to become a 22.4 driver last week, did the physical, road test, however they couldn't get me in a class by this coming Monday, so it will likely be next Monday.

I asked my FT sup if I can take my vacation this coming week before Im put in a class and I lose it, he told me to take it the week after next, which is when I'll likely be put in a class

Am I screwed cause I didn't give notice?
It's peak vacation time right now, that week may not be available.

Last edited:

Ghost in the Darkness

Why didn't you bid a week already? I remember the year I went fulltime I had Thanksgiving week off and I kept it. The sups weren't happy to be down another driver and I got paid my driver rate....win-win-win.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Why didn't you bid a week already? I remember the year I went fulltime I had Thanksgiving week off and I kept it. The sups weren't happy to be down another driver and I got paid my driver rate....win-win-win.
Strange our pt don’t even bid on vacations. They just have to give notice of it at least 2 weeks ahead.

Capo

My decision to become a driver was kind of last minute, and I was waiting for everything to open again in NYC to give them notice of a vacation

Capo

Strange our pt don’t even bid on vacations. They just have to give notice of it at least 2 weeks ahead.
Yeah same here, nobody told me I had to bid but to just let them know what week I would like to take it, I told my sup this past Friday that I would like to take it this coming week