Tomorrow!

upandcomer

Tomorrow I go to work with a job, I may not return home with one.

Good luck to me, and anyone else possibly facing consolidation!

code5

Last July they brought in a pre-load. It basically added 2 more hours worth of work to my already heavy workload. I used to be off about 6, now I'm of at 9p.m. I figured I would lose my overtime, yet i've got more now that before and my kids are in bed when I get home. Its going to take a while before the preload culture in our center is resolved.

Sorry to hear about your "job". Don't know about the specifics of your situation. Mine is that before July I had a career, now I just have a job.

upandcomer

I'll have a good thought for you...hopefully you won't have to change your username.:anxious:

Luckily consolidation stuff usually doesn't go live until first week ending in April, which gives you a couple months to look for a job.

hmmm new names...

cameupandgotfired
Igotupandstompedout
consolidationisabitch
upupandaway

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I had 2 late Next Day Air on Wed. I might be in the food line also. After all, it's my fault I left the building 30 minutes late with and 11+ hour pull.:greedy::greedy:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I had 2 late Next Day Air on Wed. I might be in the food line also. After all, it's my fault I left the building 30 minutes late with and 11+ hour pull.:greedy::greedy:
Hey Monster, you keep that hiny waxed, just show it to them and tell em they can plant their kisses where there is no fur. :happy-very:

Cementups

Box Monkey

Especially since you did have the optioon to deliver just your air first and then go back and start over with your ground at your first stop. At least that is what was told to me when i had 51 late NDA for one stop about 8 years ago........20 seconds late. I scanned the first one before I left the previous stop and forgot to "big-arrow down" Oops!!!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My first stop, which was assigned to me by mgmnt. without my input, is 5 miles before I get to my actual area. If I was to skip it, it's 5 miles each way to go back. Decisions, decisions.

My first stop, which was assigned to me by mgmnt. without my input, is 5 miles before I get to my actual area. If I was to skip it, it's 5 miles each way to go back. Decisions, decisions.
Just five miles? You lucky dawg. Several of the rtes I covered had the frist stop 30 40 miles from the rest of the rte.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had two late also, I was told I could give them 3 but I didnt want a sup running them, and I thought I could make it, would have if I wouldnt have went to the one stop, Had already Find bar code, so I could jump out get sig, and pull up the next b4 1030, then I could not locate the pkg. Located it later, in the bulk stop. Had a late get out also. It was a very bad day.
I am on vaca now, snowing like heck. God Bless ME!

We don't have to make decisions; management does. We simply work as instructed. If they want you to run straight air, even with that first stop and the extra miles, work as instructed. Then be sure to take your full break and work at a safe pace. If you're over nine five because of what happened, that's on them, not you. You worked as directed. Don't let them tell you to make decisions. The first bad decision you make, they'll nail you for it. Just work as directed and leave the decisions up to them.