Too weak

UPSGUY72

You guys are cold. He was merely asking a question, and you act like a pack of wolves. Yes it is hard at first. Way back when I would have been crying all over my keyboard. But I didnt have one. Way back when management had climbed the same ladder and said, yes, you will be sore thats expected.
Drop the mean pills and walk away.

Hold on I didn't say anything not nice about the OP....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im just young enough to remember,:hangin: heck Im still sore. Thats all. Ive been sore for 28 yrs. I just know enough people to know Im not alone.

jcohen

Ottawa Preloader
I unload with a girl who is maybe 5'0" 100lbs soaking wet. I have never once heard a peep of complaining out of her.

I work with a girl that's about 5' as well and 130lbs and she loads 2 bulked out P7's that are 100+ daily and I've never heard a complaint other than how annoying having half the truck taken up bulks that come down the belt before break.

--

I used to load 4 P7's 3 of them 80-95 stops and the fourth was about 120+. I had a couple malls, a hospital and lots of government that received anything from and envelope to a 120lbs box, this was all on a roller line so I had to work a fairly fast pace to keep it clean.

--

In reality you either need to just hang in there and build up the stamina to do the job or just quit, this is a decision that you should make for yourself and just weigh the pros & cons of staying vs quitting. Although you're already sore and can barely lift a 30lbs box an hour into your shift I would seriously think about either working out and building your upper body muscles and make sure that you're working within your power zone.

S

splozi

Hehe...

Too weak.

Two week.

I'm not sure if that's actually funny or maybe I just think so 'cause I had a few glasses of whiskey tonight. Assuming you understand it...
Dang, I hope I don't have a hangover this morning.

Buck Fifty

Hey guys, arms to sore to complete the shift. Lifting a 30 lb box feels impossible. I check the clock i'm only an hour into my shift. I don't know how i'm going to make it. I love to work at ups but my body is giving out. Bruises, cuts, soreness everywhere my body aches. I need this job! Help!

Best advice i can give is :Remember the work is already hard, so you dont have to come in and work hard, just come in and work. You'll figure it out ! Good Luck

DS

Fenderbender
Hey guys, arms to sore to complete the shift.
Lifting a 30 lb box feels impossible.
I check the clock i'm only an hour into my shift. Help!

Buddy,I've been driving for 21 years lifting 65 lb boxes of paper and boflexes and pottery barn crap.
When I get home I massage my elbows and stretch my sore back and wait for payday.
You are the first person I've ever heard of that looks at the clock at ups.
Time goes by fast when you have no time to do a lot.
After a month you should be fine.If not,go to a doctor.

Appleyard

Ok guys today i worked pretty slow. My pph was probably around 100. I'm serious concerned about my future at ups now. I'm glad i made it but wether i will be employed here for much longer is yet to be determined.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Ok guys today i worked pretty slow. My pph was probably around 100. I'm serious concerned about my future at ups now. I'm glad i made it but wether i will be employed here for much longer is yet to be determined.
Just do your job and do it safe, don't worry about PPH. If you don't make senority then you'll have no choice but to quit, at least you gave it your best.

brownedout

Here's a little trick I've learned. Take 2 Advil a few days a week right before work. You'll see that your muscles will become relaxed and your range of motion will increase. In about 2 months time your body will adapt to the workload. Are your fingers really sore? I bet they are. Well that will go away too. You're going to get stronger & healthier. You're muscles are being trained for work they've never done before. Think of this as your paid gym membership. Don't give up. It's hard to get fired if you just show up to work on time everyday. Just do your best[/QUOTE
Very good info stripe. EXCEPT your first 3 sentences which I made bold. Advil and ibuprofen in general is an after activity medication, it should not be used before activity, it is not relaxing your muscles, it is especially not increasing your range of motion. It is an anti-imflammatory and in so doing this is your perception. What you are doing in actuallity is causing further damage to your muscles, tendons, ligaments. Increasing your time of eventual recovery, I know, I lived it. Just a little food for thought, use it as you like.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Hey guys, arms to sore to complete the shift. Lifting a 30 lb box feels impossible. I check the clock i'm only an hour into my shift. I don't know how i'm going to make it. I love to work at ups but my body is giving out. Bruises, cuts, soreness everywhere my body aches. I need this job! Help!

Oh yeah, you're going to get sore / hurt at this job. I recall my first year, shoulders started to hurt. It almost felt as if they were falling off type of feeling, if anyones felt that way before. Many years I lifted weights for a living, training for semi-pro hockey. This job has blown that type of activity away.

And hence fourth back, knees, arms and every inch of me hurts in some sort or fashion, each and every day. Pain pills help, ALOT! Glucosamine goes the extra hundred miles at making you feel loose and smooth. Remember to keep your movements minimal.

Pain really is an illusion. In extreme cases broken bones, major illness or sharp pains to the stomach pain is good. It lets you know theres something wrong. You're talking about a pain you can push past with repeated attempts and stamina/ endurance growth. It will take time and many attempts. If you must, remind yourself now and again to just push on and the pain will go away eventually. If your concerned now about pain this job might not be for you. I sure most of these guys and gals here will tell you a thing or two about pains here.

I have come across a lot of people, non-insiders, that claim a friend of a friend or they dont work for UPS anymore. Almost all I've heard dealt with pain or getting hurt.

Good luck.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

They shouldnt expect you to go fast at first, its expected. Get used to pre loading, dont missload and work somewhat hard. You'll gain speed in time, not overnight. You have 30-90 days to prove yourself. Dont be in a hurry to be a hero. Dont work too hard, you'll end up with a mountain of packages and a stiffer body for your troubles.