took a stance today

chargerlou

My manager asked me for doctors not for calling out sick on a friday.I told her I didn't see doctor told her if they were gonna pay my deductable .told her to show me pokicy and where I acknowledged this policy she said she would.I tokd her it was double standards for them to require dr note on mon and Fridays versus any other day.. stay tumed for result.

thedownhillEXPRESS

My manager asked me for doctors not for calling out sick on a friday.I told her I didn't see doctor told her if they were gonna pay my deductable .told her to show me pokicy and where I acknowledged this policy she said she would.I tokd her it was double standards for them to require dr note on mon and Fridays versus any other day.. stay tumed for result.

The only thing they can try and pull is not paying you for that day , however the joke is on them because you'll get that back next summer as long as you use less than 5 sick days, then that day will be reimbursed.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
In 40 years of working I've never seen any other place that had a separate sick policy for Mondays and Fridays. What a load of crap.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

They still need to pay you.

chargerlou

Really tired of their bs and the reason why I was out was that I twisted my ankle at home and could not drive myself to dr!!

overflowed

Everyone at my station uses sick days like personals. Whichever day benefits them. I never actually seen what you say but have heard of :winks:it. Are you a trouble maker?

DontThrowPackages

Really tired of their bs and the reason why I was out was that I twisted my ankle at home and could not drive myself to dr!!
You'll get paid. The reason why she didn't have the policy in writing to show you b/c is bs. Over here, they don't even bother to ask anymore for a Dr note(except the newbies). " Only if you Pay my deductible and give me a ride to the DRs because im too sick to drive myself". Or, "Ok, I'll get one now but it will be on the clock and DR. just may tell me I shouldn't have come in today so, I'll probably be out tomorrow per Dr orders." We've even had guys pad their vacations weeks. Calling sick the friday before or the monday after. Guys say, "I was sick. I would like to use my sick day." " I will not go on record as excepting an LWOP. Please count the day as a sick day. " And to add, what about the Tues-Sat couriers? What if they call in on Saturday but not Friday? Silly.

Fragiledonthrow

They got me then. I called in on a Friday my manager went nuts. Telling me that I'm gonna have a letter and that I better not have any other letters cause if this is my third, my career at FedEx would be done. :knockedout: They even did it to one of my coworkers. Her car had broken down and they even did te same thing to her. They went as far as telling her take cab! The person lived 40miles away.. Are u serious!

SmithBarney

I tell them if they want they can come see my soiled sheets, I don't go to the DR for Diarrhea, usually shuts them up.

BTW once I actually went to a DR, and I called post visit about getting a "note" the lady laughed and told me she wasn't
sure they can legally ask for a note.

!Retired!

In 40 years of working I've never seen any other place that had a separate sick policy for Mondays and Fridays. What a load of crap.
There is no separate policy for Monday/Friday. If there was, this thread wouldn't exist.

My manager was off one Friday and I called in sick a couple of months ago. I had no sick days left. I used them when I went out with a knee injury.
Manager on Monday: Did you bring a doctors note?
Me: I didn't bring one, didn't go to the doctor.
Him: (exact words) 'It's station policy to bring a note if you call in on a Monday or Friday'.
Me: What happens if I don't get one?
Him: Well, you won't get paid.
Me: Really? I thought we get paid for our sick days? Oh wait, I don't have any left, so I guess I won't get paid anyway.
Managers face turns red and he walks away.
I chuckle and go back to work

I swear, you can't make this stuff up

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
​Anyone who doesn't have a shrine to Fred S in their home is considered a troublemaker.

My "shrine" is the toilet. Whenever I have to take a dump, I will loudly announce to my co-workers that I am "taking a Fred", or "dropping a Smith". This is actually better than he deserves.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I tell them if they want they can come see my soiled sheets, I don't go to the DR for Diarrhea, usually shuts them up.

BTW once I actually went to a DR, and I called post visit about getting a "note" the lady laughed and told me she wasn't
sure they can legally ask for a note.

I actually had a manager come to my home once after a sick call. I had the stomach flu and could barely make it to the door, and looked pretty bad. The next day he told me "You should have come to work". I told him if he ever came to my house again that he'd be trying to outrun my trained German Shepard guard dog, and that he would lose the race.

chargerlou

Well went into work today nothing said by manager go figure also last night when she told me it was unexcused I told her I will GFT any discipline for this incident! !! Ha ha

CJinx

Everyone at my station uses sick days like personals. Whichever day benefits them. I never actually seen what you say but have heard of it. Are you a trouble maker?
We had this problem in our station for a while. Ground employee sick days are more an honor system than anything really. I've taken a few before and never got questioned. I had one coworker that would mysteriously get sick the day before or day after a vacation, or took sick days when other adults in her household were sick. :sick:

whenIgetthere

Few years back, I called in sick the day before vacation, because I was sick. Around 1 that afternoon, phone rings and I didn't have called ID then, so I answered, it was my manager and she said she was calling to see how I was feeling! BS, she was calling to see if I started vacation a day early, well joke was on her. I later heard through the grapevine that the SM had forced her to call me.