top rate progression came early. what to do?

beavis

There was a stretch awhile back where I would frequently get paid overtime for my entire Friday shift. I always let the manager know and he got annoyed and finally said it's payroll's fault let them find their own mistakes for a change. Now if I ever get an overage I set it aside for 90 days.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I've learned in my career that what you think may have been an overpayment or a monetary mistake in your favor...it's usually not.
Years ago I received an extra week of vacation pay. I didn't tell anyone in management. I think the statute of limitations has expired. Thanks UPS!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There was a stretch awhile back where I would frequently get paid overtime for my entire Friday shift. I always let the manager know and he got annoyed and finally said it's payroll's fault let them find their own mistakes for a change. Now if I ever get an overage I set it aside for 90 days.
Here is another possible course of action, depending on your conscience and "integrity" level when dealing with UPS.

If you can justify it morally, you could just put aside the overage for 90 days; and let it ride until, or if, they ever figure it out.

Personally, I would tell them once, with a witness, and put the ball back in their court.

22.34life

C.Y.A.take a steward in a meeting with your manager,notify the company IN WRITING of the mistake,MAKE A COPY.if the manager will get him to sign it.have him do a payroll inquiry and if possible give payroll same notification in writing with steward present.do not listen to anyone's advice on how to get away with this the company will come back and take their money believe me.

MrBrown

It's not finders keeper. You could stick your head in the sand, but it will come full circle. At the very least dont spend it yet

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
They used to steal hours from me when I worked twilight until I realized it and started to say something...even then it kept happening and I'd have to get adjustments...screw them

onestoptogo

You have done nothing wrong, so keep the money and don't say anything. It would be wise to set aside the overage in case they ask for it back. If they never ask for it back consider this payback for all the time they alter time cards without employees knowing. If they ask you why you did not report it, just say you thought that what they had done was correct.

hyena

You have done nothing wrong, so keep the money and don't say anything. It would be wise to set aside the overage in case they ask for it back. If they never ask for it back consider this payback for all the time they alter time cards without employees knowing. If they ask you why you did not report it, just say you thought that what they had done was correct.
Are you :censored2:ing kidding me? Ever hear the saying "two wrongs don't make a right"? You catch them when they screw up! You trying to give advice to get this guy fired. Wtf?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Only been full time for two years now. It was my understanding that I had to wait 4 years to go top rate per the current contract. Looked at my stub today and noticed I'm at the top rate now!!. Two whole years before my progression date. What should my next move be ?? How could this happen?

You could ask @olebeechedwhale what she did, she claims UPS direct deposited over 1.2 million into her account.

onestoptogo

Are you :censored2:ing kidding me? Ever hear the saying "two wrongs don't make a right"? You catch them when they screw up! You trying to give advice to get this guy fired. Wtf?
Are you kidding me. The guy has done nothing wrong and you think he could be in danger of losing his job. Get real. It is not like he set this up himself.

cb1969

Only been full time for two years now. It was my understanding that I had to wait 4 years to go top rate per the current contract. Looked at my stub today and noticed I'm at the top rate now!!. Two whole years before my progression date. What should my next move be ?? How could this happen?

Did you temp drive???

cb1969

where you at top right in the building? What was the difference between your building rate and top driver pay??

C.Y.A.take a steward in a meeting with your manager,notify the company IN WRITING of the mistake,MAKE A COPY.if the manager will get him to sign it.have him do a payroll inquiry and if possible give payroll same notification in writing with steward present.do not listen to anyone's advice on how to get away with this the company will come back and take their money believe me.
Sounds like the most logical advice. I told both the shop steward and my full time supervisor. Waiting to see what comes of it. Can I still be held responsible down theline even though l reported the overage to a superior?