Top rate today 2/4

UPSER110

Today is my top rate raise, $10.19/hr, I am so excited! I'm gonna treat my self to a Weber smoker and a nice 6 pack. I plan to save more $$ and pay off my truck and student loan as fast as possible.

To any of you new guys keep on grinding, this job has its ups and downs, but we sure do get paid well for what we do.

Cheers to everyone and have a great weekend!

Indecisi0n

200.gif

UPSER110

Congratss

Make sure that you "pay yourself" first by putting as much away as possible in your 401k.

I could max out my 401 and not even notice, but I really want to get my student loan and truck paid off. I have budgeted and lived on my old income, saving and putting some in my 401 so this will all be extra money.

Got divorced last October, she got $2500 for "property", no rights to my 401 or pension, (she also has both), and no kids.
Bought a house on a 15yr with a 3% fixed rate. So I am really looking forward to this bump in pay, I don't mind the OT at all right now being young, plus I have an easy country route.

The Driver

I drive.
Just thinking last night with 30 stops to go at 1900 about how I wouldn't keep doing this job for $21/hr for the rest of my career. Top rate is going to make this whole thing much more worth it. Congratulations!

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
M
I could max out my 401 and not even notice, but I really want to get my student loan and truck paid off. I have budgeted and lived on my old income, saving and putting some in my 401 so this will all be extra money.

Got divorced last October, she got $2500 for "property", no rights to my 401 or pension, (she also has both), and no kids.
Bought a house on a 15yr with a 3% fixed rate. So I am really looking forward to this bump in pay, I don't mind the OT at all right now being young, plus I have an easy country route.
your return in 401k money will be much much larger than the return of paying off those loans. Set the 401k at 20% and forget it.

Last edited:

UPSER110

M

your return in 401k money will be much much larger than. The return of paying off those loans. Set the 401k at 20% and forget it.

Student loan interest is killer and makes me sick. I can deal with the truck. I've been putting in my 401 for about 6 years. 3-5% throughout the year, Nov and Dec I bump it up to 10%.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Student loan interest is killer and makes me sick. I can deal with the truck. I've been putting in my 401 for about 6 years. 3-5% throughout the year, Nov and Dec I bump it up to 10%.
The student loan intrest is a tax write off though.

Trust me I understand where you're coming from my wife's student loans are almost 3k per month and we don't get to write the intrest off. However over the long run maxing out the 401k as young as possible will be the better move.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The student loan intrest is a tax write off though.

Trust me I understand where you're coming from my wife's student loans are almost 3k per month and we don't get to write the intrest off. However over the long run maxing out the 401k as young as possible will be the better move.

The write off is capped at $2,500.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Today is my top rate raise, $10.19/hr, I am so excited! I'm gonna treat my self to a Weber smoker and a nice 6 pack. I plan to save more $$ and pay off my truck and student loan as fast as possible.

To any of you new guys keep on grinding, this job has its ups and downs, but we sure do get paid well for what we do.

Cheers to everyone and have a great weekend!
Years back, part time made one dollar less than the full time top rate.

KOG72

I’m full of it

Better keep that easy route thing to yourself,somebody might bump you...just saying