Top swing driver

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Can a top swing driver come in and pick their route everyday or do they have to bid it for the whole week?
Come in early and pull rank on anyone that’s below you. Stand your ground, that driver below you has been doing that same route all year in a brand new truck 😂😂😂

Before I went RPCD I’d rip the diads outta guys hands..SENIORITY IS SENIORITY

TopsyKrets

$41.51
I want to know if my route bid route is cut, can I bump a non bid route driver my senior? I’ve heard yes and no. Southern supplement.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Do we have swing drivers? I thought that was a FedEx thing
These more specifically are just drivers who don't have a bid route. You do other routes, simple as can be described. Anyone who wants their own route can pick from any 22.4 "split" route they want and file a grievance on it the day they get "promoted" to rpcd.

Emergency Conditions

These more specifically are just drivers who don't have a bid route. You do other routes, simple as can be described. Anyone who wants their own route can pick from any 22.4 "split" route they want and file a grievance on it the day they get "promoted" to rpcd.
I kinda assumed as much, I just don't recall hearing that term thrown around where I'm at

Brown Down

as long as your supplement doesnt say otherwise(i don't know of any) you have the pick of all available routes not bid(either permanent or vacation). the only other thing that might stop it is if a bid driver's route is cut he becomes top cover no matter senority(again some supplements have different language).

JustDeliverIt

How can you have a bid route yet another driver with more seniority doesn’t?

We have that happen here. A driver doesn’t want to bid a city route so bids Mon-Fri cover and stays in the burbs. Lower seniority driver ends up bidding the city route because that’s all there is and it’s cut Monday.

Here, both are cover on Monday and seniority rules. It’s as many have said, each area is different.

DriverNerd

Here we go by the contract for cover drivers. (Central supplement) Drivers gone for a week at a time are put up for bid. Highest seniority driver wins. If the route is out or not signed the driver works as directed.