top wage

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Don't forget to factor in we aren't paying a dime for our insurance for the next 5 years on top of our nearly 5 dollar raises during the same period.

good to know- just got my 2 year raise to 20.75 and still wondering if this **** is worth it! lol jk but this job is definitely harder than I thought it would be mostly because of dispatch but 30+an hr sounds promising!!

stink219

what exactly is the top wage for pkg drivers? and does it vary state to state?
This contract:
Depends on how you look at it.
$32.26 per hour as a wage.
$48.39 per hour in OT.
$17.46 per hour for H&W.
$49.72 per hour total comp (first 40).

End of next contract:
$36.16 per hour as a wage.
$54.24 per hour in OT.
$22.46 per hour for H&W.
$58.62 per hour total comp (first 40).

Upsmule

Your problem is that you let the crap bother you. I just choose to ignore all the crap and deliver the packages efficiently and safely and punch out and go home.

Good thing you don't work for Fed Ex, even worse Fed Ex Ground or home delivery.

Exactly. Its a daily mindset you have to learn to train yourself to. Otherwise you'll either quit, be fired or kill someone. Perspective is vital. It's better than looking for a job. And it's still better than most jobs. I've done far more strenuous back breaking work for far less.

Nimnim

The Nim
Don't forget to factor in we aren't paying a dime for our insurance for the next 5 years on top of our nearly 5 dollar raises during the same period.

2 errors I see here, we aren't paying a dime to have our insurance, not for our insurance as using it in some cases may cost more than before.

Second, 5 years nearly $4 in raises, an extra $1 in raises would push more people into the yes vote category as it'll offset potential new healthcare costs better.

Last edited: