Torture

Sportello

After a week, no one really has spoken about it here on BC. Cheney says everyone in the administration knew, and he'd do it again.

I'm curious how the apologists on the Right Wing justify this. Is it ever permissible? Do the ends justify the means? Were the ends ever even met?

Personally, I hope President Barack Obama pardons the whole lot of them before he leaves office. I also hope that we never try to rationalize torture again.

trickpony1

Have you met any of the 23 surviving triple ("triple" means "three") amputees from this war? I have.

It might change your opinions.

Bad wars, good warriors.

Rainman

Its all good.
If someone is trying to murder our people, they lose all rights and should expect what they get. I'm not for torture in any circumstance, but I'm not for babying killers when our people's lives are at stake either. You look for trouble, you get it.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The right wing are apologists?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have absolutely no problems with it. These muslim a holes murder thousands of people, and to extract information we refused to let them sleep for a few days, they got off easy.

Their beheading people, but Enhanced Interrogation Techniques are deemed torture?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The right wing are apologists?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have absolutely no problems with it. These muslim a holes murder thousands of people, and to extract information we refused to let them sleep for a few days, they got off easy.

Their beheading people, but Enhanced Interrogation Techniques are deemed torture?
Refusing to let them sleep for a few days?
You're leaving out rectal feeding, regular beatings, water boarding, being chained with hands above their heads for two days, ice baths, 11 days in a coffin sized box. You should really read through the torture report, because the rosy picture you're trying to paint is pure fiction.
Oh and let's not forget that out of 119, 26 were wrongly held. In other words, we tortured innocent people.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Can someone name any other country on the planet that wouldn't torture people to get information out of them?
I can't either. I say Waterboard those terrorists.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Refusing to let them sleep for a few days?
You're leaving out rectal feeding, regular beatings, water boarding, being chained with hands above their heads for two days, ice baths, 11 days in a coffin sized box. You should really read through the torture report, because the rosy picture you're trying to paint is pure fiction.
Oh and let's not forget that out of 119, 26 were wrongly held. In other words, we tortured innocent people.

The rectal feeding was for nutritious purposes, You're welcome, terrorists.

None of those things are that bad to do to people who have ONE goal, to murder as many people who are "at war" with them.

I don't give a :censored2: how much they were tortured, beaten, abused, sodomized, castrated......It all seems well and good to me. so, roughly 20% were INNOCENT of any wrongdoing, or they just didn't have any good information?

Would you prefer that YOUR beloved president bombs those innocents and their families, rather than putting a hose up their butts?

It's not a rosy picture. It's War, it's not all fuzzy and happy. I say they got off easy, to be honest. If I were in charge, I would have tortured them and then executed them. Terrorists have no rights, and as they were declared enemy combatants, they were not subject to the protections of the Geneva convention.

If I were in charge, we'd behead everyone who remains in Guantanamo bay before closing it down, and drop their headless corpses in Syria so ISIS can deal with that. THEN we would imprison ANYBODY trying to go fight/live with them for life, after charging them with treason.

Next, we would behead the family members of the ISIS fighters that we have clearly identified. Video record it and send copies to them.

Fight fire with fire.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Have you met any of the 23 surviving triple ("triple" means "three") amputees from this war? I have.

It might change your opinions.

Bad wars, good warriors.

What do amputees have to do with TORTURE? Thats a part of the job. "WAR IS HELL" is the old saying and to try to connect injuries to our soldiers to TORTURE is ridiculous at best.

We are suppose to be a Nation of laws. A Nation of leadership. A Nation that stands above the rest of the world when it comes to INTEGRITY.

When BUSH and his administration BROKE the LAW and began torturing people to extract WORTHLESS information, and then LIED about it and Followed that up with PHONEY STORIES floated about INTEL that saved lives or prevented terror attacks, then we are NO BETTER than the third world countries that still do that today.

We have LAWS on the books that have to be respected. BUSH and Alberto Gonzalez broke the law while IGNORING already STANDING law that prevented torture.

Of course, the FOX news drones will say that "torture" was necessary to win the war on terror, because thats what all the talking heads on FOX are saying.

Dick Cheney, the biggest liar of them all refuses to call it torture, but what else would he say?? He's facing international charges for war crimes, he isnt about to call it TORTURE as that would be an admission of guilt.

To expect Dick Cheney, a false patriot, to admit to breaking the law will never happen.

President Ronald Reagan Signed the Geneva Convention Article on Torture into LAW. It states the following and there is NO WAY anybody can say BUSH had a way around it..

Article 2 (2-3)

"No exceptional circumstances whatsoever, whether a state of war or a threat or war, internal political instability or any other public emergency, may be invoked as a justification of torture" and "an order from a superior officer or a public authority may not be invoked as a justification of torture" (Art. 2 (2-3))."

The verbage is CRYSTAL CLEAR. There are NO CIRCUMSTANCES, like "amputees" that justify TORTURE.

I am still laughing at that claim.

President Ronald Reagan made an agreement with the Geneva Convention to PREVENT ANY country from practicing torture and the penalties are also CRYSTAL CLEAR for violating this law.

"The United States participated actively and effectively in the negotiation of the Convention . It marks a significant step in the development during this century of international measures against torture and other inhuman treatment or punishment. Ratification of the Convention by the United States will clearly express United States opposition to torture, an abhorrent practice unfortunately still prevalent in the world today.
The core provisions of the Convention establish a regime for international cooperation in the criminal prosecution of torturers relying on so-called 'universal jurisdiction.' Each State Party is required either to prosecute torturers who are found in its territory or to extradite them to other countries for prosecution."~ RONALD REAGAN

BY law, either BUSH and his administration should be prosecuted to the fullest extend of the law in this country, or extradite them to the international court for prosecution.

This is the law.

There ISNT a single excuse any of you can make to justify torture. Nothing Bill Orielly, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh or any bleach bottle blond on FOX news can justify torture in face of the law.

ANYTHING said on FOX news that justfies torture is simple hogwash for idiots.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
After a week, no one really has spoken about it here on BC. Cheney says everyone in the administration knew, and he'd do it again.

I'm curious how the apologists on the Right Wing justify this. Is it ever permissible? Do the ends justify the means? Were the ends ever even met?

Personally, I hope President Barack Obama pardons the whole lot of them before he leaves office. I also hope that we never try to rationalize torture again.

Amazingly, the responses are all the same. One giant excuse. Not one of these people understand that there are laws on the books that prevent ANY kind of torture.

Mention 9/11 and they think BUSH gets a pass. Not so.

The senate report was very specific. We tortured many people. Some of them never charged with crimes. Some of them died. One prisoner watched as his mothers throat was cut by our "contractors".

These people on this board who try to justify it are bigger animals than the terrorists they claim to hate.

TOS.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What do amputees have to do with TORTURE? Thats a part of the job. "WAR IS HELL" is the old saying and to try to connect injuries to our soldiers to TORTURE is ridiculous at best.

We are suppose to be a Nation of laws. A Nation of leadership. A Nation that stands above the rest of the world when it comes to INTEGRITY.

When BUSH and his administration BROKE the LAW and began torturing people to extract WORTHLESS information, and then LIED about it and Followed that up with PHONEY STORIES floated about INTEL that saved lives or prevented terror attacks, then we are NO BETTER than the third world countries that still do that today.

We have LAWS on the books that have to be respected. BUSH and Alberto Gonzalez broke the law while IGNORING already STANDING law that prevented torture.

Of course, the FOX news drones will say that "torture" was necessary to win the war on terror, because thats what all the talking heads on FOX are saying.

Dick Cheney, the biggest liar of them all refuses to call it torture, but what else would he say?? He's facing international charges for war crimes, he isnt about to call it TORTURE as that would be an admission of guilt.

To expect Dick Cheney, a false patriot, to admit to breaking the law will never happen.

President Ronald Reagan Signed the Geneva Convention Article on Torture into LAW. It states the following and there is NO WAY anybody can say BUSH had a way around it..

Article 2 (2-3)

"No exceptional circumstances whatsoever, whether a state of war or a threat or war, internal political instability or any other public emergency, may be invoked as a justification of torture" and "an order from a superior officer or a public authority may not be invoked as a justification of torture" (Art. 2 (2-3))."

The verbage is CRYSTAL CLEAR. There are NO CIRCUMSTANCES, like "amputees" that justify TORTURE.

I am still laughing at that claim.

President Ronald Reagan made an agreement with the Geneva Convention to PREVENT ANY country from practicing torture and the penalties are also CRYSTAL CLEAR for violating this law.

"The United States participated actively and effectively in the negotiation of the Convention . It marks a significant step in the development during this century of international measures against torture and other inhuman treatment or punishment. Ratification of the Convention by the United States will clearly express United States opposition to torture, an abhorrent practice unfortunately still prevalent in the world today.
The core provisions of the Convention establish a regime for international cooperation in the criminal prosecution of torturers relying on so-called 'universal jurisdiction.' Each State Party is required either to prosecute torturers who are found in its territory or to extradite them to other countries for prosecution."~ RONALD REAGAN

BY law, either BUSH and his administration should be prosecuted to the fullest extend of the law in this country, or extradite them to the international court for prosecution.

This is the law.

There ISNT a single excuse any of you can make to justify torture. Nothing Bill Orielly, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh or any bleach bottle blond on FOX news can justify torture in face of the law.

ANYTHING said on FOX news that justfies torture is simple hogwash for idiots.

TOS.

It wasn't torture, it was Enhanced Interrogation. Having difficulty getting that through your head? Must be because you've still got your hands up...."don't shoot"

#torturethemall!!!
#rotinhellisis

Btw, people like you are the worst. You honestly believe that Americans aren't smart enough to hear a story, read about it as well, and form their own opinion.

Must be a point driven home daily on MBSNC, my older brother spouts the same garbage.

We're all drones, I guess obama likes us then, no?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It wasn't torture, it was Enhanced Interrogation. Having difficulty getting that through your head? Must be because you've still got your hands up...."don't shoot"

#torturethemall!!!
#rotinhellisis

Btw, people like you are the worst. You honestly believe that Americans aren't smart enough to hear a story, read about it as well, and form their own opinion.

Must be a point driven home daily on MBSNC, my older brother spouts the same garbage.

We're all drones, I guess obama likes us then, no?

Enhanced Interogation.. Like slicing the throat of a prisoners mother.

Who's the idiot?

TOS.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Enhanced Interogation.. Like slicing the throat of a prisoners mother.

Who's the idiot?

TOS.

Say, for a second that one of YOUR "family" members were BEHEADED by "ISIS". Now, if you WERE able to capture "them", what would "you" DO to them?

I would torture and slowly murder every member of their family, record it, and show it to them, playing in a continuous loop on 360 degrees of TV screens, in picture perfect clarity.

Fox news didn't even tell me to do that, I came up with it all on my own