Total healthcare cost- year by year

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How much will UPS be spending for our benefits year by year over this contract? Anyone have these numbers?

The Milkman

How much will UPS be spending for our benefits year by year over this contract? Anyone have these numbers?

Well what ever it is..........There are still Billions in profits left over for the board to decide on how much their bonus will be...

saintrick

According to Ken H this year the company will pay 2.7 billion for members healthcare. The first year of the contract that rises to 3 billion and to 4 billion the fifth year.

At 1:30 in the video.

UPS NEW MEMBER FINAL - YouTube

The per member breakdown is at upscontractfacts.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What's funny is the article that Cheryl posted says they are spending a billion a year on new technology. The interviewer asked directly 3-4 times well how much is this going to save you. Finally after being pressed he answered well if we cut 1 mile off every driver that could save us 50 million a year.

​So let me get this math right spend a billion a year to save 50 million. Sounds like government math.

rpoz11

What's funny is the article that Cheryl posted says they are spending a billion a year on new technology. Finally after being pressed : well if we cut 1 mile off every driver that could save us 50 million a year.

Guess it's time to change those speedometer gears in the transmissions to show less ACTUAL mileage.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

• local pharmacies. One place your coverage won't work is Wal-Mart. For a full list of where you can get prescriptions filled click here.
  • Question: What is UPS's weekly contribution rate per member for TeamCare under the new agreement?
    Answer: The weekly rates are as follows. There is no current rate for part-timers because they are currently in a UPS plan.
    Current rate8/1/138/1/148/1/158/1/168/1/17
    For full-time employees:
    $315.00343.82363.82384.07*421.17*461.92
    For part-time employees:
    UPS plan$213.77229.77245.77*269.97*296.57
    *The rates in 2016 and 2017 will not exceed the amounts shown

UPSGUY72

• local pharmacies. One place your coverage won't work is Wal-Mart. For a full list of where you can get prescriptions filled click here.
  • Question: What is UPS's weekly contribution rate per member for TeamCare under the new agreement?
    Answer: The weekly rates are as follows. There is no current rate for part-timers because they are currently in a UPS plan.
    Current rate8/1/138/1/148/1/158/1/168/1/17
    For full-time employees:
    $315.00343.82363.82384.07*421.17*461.92
    For part-time employees:
    UPS plan$213.77229.77245.77*269.97*296.57
    *The rates in 2016 and 2017 will not exceed the amounts shown

PTimers in my area are in the union plan and get the same healthcare the FTimers get.

The Milkman

What's funny is the article that Cheryl posted says they are spending a billion a year on new technology. The interviewer asked directly 3-4 times well how much is this going to save you. Finally after being pressed he answered well if we cut 1 mile off every driver that could save us 50 million a year.

​So let me get this math right spend a billion a year to save 50 million. Sounds like government math.

:rofl: You are So Right!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I lot is spent for ​maintaining and improving tracking and other legacy systems.

UPS's investment and continued investment is something we should all be thankful for.
Without technology, UPS would not exist ... it would gone the way of REA.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
PTimers in my area are in the union plan and get the same healthcare the FTimers get.

One of the big reasons I work @ UPS as a second job these last 15+ years is I get those wonderful benefits the same as the full timers. I believe the amount paid per person is based per hours not benefit package which is all the same. Look at the amount per week multiply it by 52 and add it to your yearly income it is something that you don't get by asking "do you want fries with that ? " I heard the figure and cannot remember but is in the billions that UPS is paying for health care over the next five. In the words of a not so great man "If you like you plan you can keep your plan" at least for five more.