Total Knee Replacement Surgery

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Last summer I had a total knee replacement. While I was recovering I found Brown Cate. It helped keep me sane. Wednesday my other knee gave.out and so I am having the other knee replaced March 17. I will be out of commission for at least 3 to 4 months. I want to thank all of you in advance for your posts on all topics in that it keeps me in the loop. Keep up the great info.

rod

Retired 22 years
I hope you mend quickly. Are you a package driver? I will try to do my part to keep this place from getting boring.

joeboodog

Part of the prep for surgery is no motrin or aspirin the week before. I didn't realize how many aches this old body has.

joeboodog

It still feels a little strange. In the cold weather it felt stiff but there was no pain. The new parts feel much better than the original equipment. People I talked to before the surgery told me it would take about a year before it would feel normal

upschuck

It still feels a little strange. In the cold weather it felt stiff but there was no pain. The new parts feel much better than the original equipment. People I talked to before the surgery told me it would take about a year before it would feel normal
Can you run 60 mph? or will that happen after the second one?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you feel that you will always have that bit of uncertainty in your mind regarding the new knee?

joeboodog

I just know that it was no way to live walking like a 90 year old man at my age. There will always be a bit of uncertainty regarding the new parts but it sure beats pain.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I just know that it was no way to live walking like a 90 year old man at my age. There will always be a bit of uncertainty regarding the new parts but it sure beats pain.
I'm looking at a knee replacement in the next few years. How long were you off your feet and how long before you could walk with no pain? The idea of the surgery scares the crap out of me, but walking with no pain? That would be awesome...lol.

joeboodog

I'm looking at a knee replacement in the next few years. How long were you off your feet and how long before you could walk with no pain? The idea of the surgery scares the crap out of me, but walking with no pain? That would be awesome...lol.
They had me on my feet the day of the surgery and by the end of the week I was walking with the aid of a walker. After a month all I needed was a cane to be mobile. I was back to work after 3 months. Needless to say you must do your physical therapy and also work out the recovery time is kind of quick. The pain issue depends on your tolerance. The only time the new parts hurt is when I over do it. For the most part I am painless and am looking forward to Monday when both of my wheels will match.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They had me on my feet the day of the surgery and by the end of the week I was walking with the aid of a walker. After a month all I needed was a cane to be mobile. I was back to work after 3 months. Needless to say you must do your physical therapy and also work out the recovery time is kind of quick. The pain issue depends on your tolerance. The only time the new parts hurt is when I over do it. For the most part I am painless and am looking forward to Monday when both of my wheels will match.
Good luck, man. That sounds great. I tore a major liagement and severed a tendon in my ankle decades ago. It never healed correctly so, the alignment from my hip down is slightly off...not visually noticable but it's put major stress on that knee...eventually I'll blow it out. Ironicallly, they can replace the knee but they can't fix my ankle....go figure..lol. Walking with chronic pain is something I've learned to live with without painkillers....just cortisone shots and advil.