Totally disgusting....

Hedley_Lamarr

I was doing a split on Thursday, and whoever had the package car the previous day pee'd in a driver release bag and left it on the floor. I've seen pee bottles left in the back which is bad enough, but this was just foul. I had to pick this bio-hazardous mess up with a stick and toss it in a dumpster. After that the truck smelled like a bus stop in Newark all day.

atatbl

So a preloader didn't see it? You are lucky. Lucky that a package didn't get dropped on top of it. That would have been fun to smell all day.

I don't understand how it stayed there through an entire preload and didn't get found and made a big deal out of.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I found a DR Bag in the back of a P5 that somebody had peed in. They really are waterproof, thank goodness. There are dumpsters and trashcans all over the place, I wish people would use them.

barnyard

KTM rider
I found the same one day. Made a haz mat person clean it up.
Don't touch
Leave area
Notify supervisor.

The supe figured out who did it and took care of it from there.

TB

LiL"Comet"

Two weeks ago I was at my air belt when a tote box came down about the time I wen to p/u a 20% bottle of pee (which is not unusual to see) the top came off, dropped hit the floor, and went all over me. :madashell:its not often I loose my cool but yup I did that day, I walked straight up to my center manager office slammed down the bottle and :censored2::censored2::censored2: when I came down seen a few drvrs that it could have been told them I don't care how many bottles they p in just have the dam common courtesy to discard them. Ladies like myself actually have to take the time to use a restroom instead of a 20% there were times I didn't have time to take a potty break while driving...... Since then I haven't had any problems:happy-very: I did have to open a bag the other day when scanning some pkgs in retain :sick: it had to have had a dead rat or something in it very quickly wrapped it back up w/ 2 dr bags the pkg was going to ortho pest control place

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
The driver on the route next to mine used a p500 to run out an EAM,found a bag with #2 in it.Now that is really disgusting.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
They need to cut an 8" hole in the floor of the package compartment and put little trap door over it. That way, you could just park, step into the back with the bulkhead door closed, open the trap door and pee away. If the hole was positioned properly, the driver could even line up his next few stops on the shelf with one hand while peeing. Its always best to multitask.

atatbl

Its always best to multitask.

That's what I used to think. Then, one time I tried to make a phone call to one of my friends while my girlfriend was "relieving my stress" and that didn't go over so well. I think I still have her phone number. Sober, if I give you her number, will you call her and explain to her that my actions were solely due to the habits I learned at UPS?

looper804

They need to cut an 8" hole in the floor of the package compartment and put little trap door over it. That way, you could just park, step into the back with the bulkhead door closed, open the trap door and pee away. If the hole was positioned properly, the driver could even line up his next few stops on the shelf with one hand while peeing. Its always best to multitask.

Haha,I took my kids to Pennsylvania last year to ride on some old trains.My youngest had to go #2,we went in the bathroom and all it consisted of was a toilet that had no bottom,all you saw was the tracks below.My sons comment was that the wind kept his butt cool.

Hedley_Lamarr

Save your bus fare. I used to go through Newark when People's Express was the major economy airline. Disgusting.
Peoples express was the greatest. I was working for American President Lines back in the 80's as a yard manager, I was working 12 on 12 off, 4 on 4 off. So every four days I'd jump on a plane to Norfolk, and spend three days in Virgina beach. Wild times man....

Hedley_Lamarr

So a preloader didn't see it? You are lucky. Lucky that a package didn't get dropped on top of it. That would have been fun to smell all day.

I don't understand how it stayed there through an entire preload and didn't get found and made a big deal out of.
The pre-loaders piled packages on top of it. I had to hand a pee-soaked package to a guy at a bulk stop....

looper804

The pre-loaders piled packages on top of it. I had to hand a pee-soaked package to a guy at a bulk stop....

I took an OPH,came back the next day to find a pee bottle in the middle of the shelf.The pre-loader had loaded everything 2 feet away from it.I called 1st responder and he took it.I asked who did the route while I was on my OPH,I advised him he had left his pee bottle and please take it with him next time.He proceeded to tell me it was apple juice.(This was a snapple iced tea bottle) Every time we have a breakfast I ask him if we have any apple juice.