Tour/Interview Monday for a PT package handler. Questions? Please help. New here*

Ohbetboom

So, I completed a application online a week ago and that same day scheduled an appointment for an interview/tour. I have done lots of research for questions I have, but none were exactly what i was looking for. It is for a PT package handler with UPS at the Phoenix Air Gateway hub. What are my chances of being hired? Is it good that I scheduled the interview the same day as I applied? I've been trying to apply for a job with UPS for quite some time. My grandpa actually retired in Illinois with UPS, also I have a friend who works at a different hub here in AZ. I really want the job and would like some advice on how to get the job. What answers are they looking for? Also, I see that it's part time and pays weekly, is this a permanent PT job? Or is it seasonal? I plan on furthering my education, but would like to stay with UPS for a long time.

Thank you.

DS

Fenderbender
Oh,welcome to the cafe.
Tell them you have no problems and well under pressure.
Every area varies,but it sounds to me like this might be just for you.
Yes,it's full time and they will pay for your schooling.
Be yourself,and do the impossible every day.
You will do fine.

Ohbetboom

Oh,welcome to the cafe.
Tell them you have no problems and well under pressure.
Every area varies,but it sounds to me like this might be just for you.
Yes,it's full time and they will pay for your schooling.
Be yourself,and do the impossible every day.
You will do fine.

So I went in today for the Tour/Interview and there were 14 people. The HR representative explained everything, we all got a 1 on 1 interview. All he did was schedule me for another interview tomorrow at 8:45am. He explained that we were there for the Phoenix Air Gateway job, but he could get us in for interviews to closer locations. So what are my chances of getting the job with the interview tomorrow? Is this normal? I forgot to ask for his card before I left, but I literally sat down with him for about a minute, asked no questions besides for the interview tomorrow.

Ohbetboom

The initial tour/interview was a "weeding out" process. You made the first cut when you were asked to come back for an interview.

Oh, that's good to know. I just thought it was weird that he mentioned they were hiring for the airport facilty, but when I sat down with him, he saw where I was from and was like so you want to work at this facility then? Of course I said yes because it's only 30 mins away versus an hour. Any advice for the second interview?

Ohbetboom

Alright, so i went to my second interview and sat down with the same HR rep from yesterday, basically he sai he's going to put me on the hire list and also do a background check. He said it would be 2 - 3 weeks till' I would get a call, also mentioned the extra forms I need to fill out online like; the I-9, W4, etc. I asked for a card just in case I need to get a hold of him, but he told me he didn't have any and gave me a piece of paper with a different offices number on it. Does this mean I am hired?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Alright, so i went to my second interview and sat down with the same HR rep from yesterday, basically he sai he's going to put me on the hire list and also do a background check. He said it would be 2 - 3 weeks till' I would get a call, also mentioned the extra forms I need to fill out online like; the I-9, W4, etc. I asked for a card just in case I need to get a hold of him, but he told me he didn't have any and gave me a piece of paper with a different offices number on it. Does this mean I am hired?

It means you have cleared the second hurdle. If your background check comes back clean you are in.

Ohbetboom

It means you have cleared the second hurdle. If your background check comes back clean you are in.

Hell yeah! That sounds good to me. Haha, sorry about all the questions and what not. I was just curious because I really need a job right now and I don't want to be waiting around for something if it's not going to happen. Also, my application changed to "Preloader" is that normal?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hell yeah! That sounds good to me. Haha, sorry about all the questions and what not. I was just curious because I really need a job right now and I don't want to be waiting around for something if it's not going to happen. Also, my application changed to "Preloader" is that normal?

You're in!!

Ohbetboom

Since I'm waiting to hear back from them, would it help if I applied again for the twilight shift? To make myself look interested in working there? Or would that be stupid?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Since I'm waiting to hear back from them, would it help if I applied again for the twilight shift? To make myself look interested in working there? Or would that be stupid?

If you did try to reapply the system would reject the second application as it would show you as having an active application on file.

You just need to be patient.