Trademark Infringement?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Would this Verizon Wireless ad be considered an infringement of our bowtie logo?

b2e_holidaydealscharge_111129_nofa.jpg

rocket man

NO not on that. and whats ups gonna do if it was with all the verizion packages we do and have done , BUT knowing you mr upstate im sure you never deliverd a verizion box because the people on your route never heard of that company . SO since no one in your route area never heard of verizion theres no infringement. ( nextproblem

Catatonic

Nine Lives
NO itS noT a rectan gle like a package it not LIKEe tHe reTired Untied Parcel service shield used to be and why care if UPS dont it use. slanted shield now it be UPS a company that is not about packages.
loGicstics the company does that now - grounnnnnnnnd is gone in the future.

RoyalFlush

One of Them
Would this Verizon Wireless ad be considered an infringement of our bowtie logo?

b2e_holidaydealscharge_111129_nofa.jpg

I think Chevy has a lock on the "bow tie," but it's still clearly a trademark infringement. The resemblance is unmistakable. The letters "U","P", and "S" are prominently displayed in the photo on the phone's qwerty keyboard. Something needs to be done immediately!

brownelf

whenever I wear one of my uniforms with an old logo the boss has a fit. I've got uniforms with every logo thats been used since my date of hire.

bluehdmc

The bow is centered in the old UPS logo, it's off to the side on the Verizon ad. Plus the dangling ends of the ribbon are unequal lengths. I could see how it might on first glance appear similar but a wrapped package with a bow is a symbol of the season.