Traditional Pension Formula

Meat

You writing another paper? ask your "old fart"... I mean, old man, who said to have your penectomy done and make like a

Such hostility! I can't help but wonder why a retirement question would inspire such animus...hmmm. Furthermore, if you research the boards, you will find my knowledge of investing/retirement planning is FAR superior to OF's (not to suggest he hasn't done well).

Last edited:

vantexan

They took your five highest paid years(before plan was terminated) and averaged them together. Then took 2% of that average and multiplied it by number of credited years of service(business year where you worked at least 1000 hrs). Max number of years you could apply towards pension was 25. So most one could get was 50% of their highest annual average and could take that at 60. If they wanted they could take reduced amount as early as 55, reduced 3% for each year taken before 60. And there are a number of other options available as to how you take the pension.

BootsOnTarmac

Such hostility! I can't help but wonder why a retirement question would inspire such animus...hmmm. Furthermore, if you research the boards, you will find my knowledge of investing/retirement planning is FAR superior to OF's (not to suggest he hasn't done well).

Hey Meat, I had a good laugh at your response to muckduck. You used the word animus. I have a word for your take on oldfart, hubris. Welcome back grasshopper.

Oldfart

I know nothing about investing. I leave that up to the professionals. I am just like everyone else on here. A dumb ole truck driver. But I am smart enough to listen to people that are much smarter than me and those are the people that will allow me to retire with no money worries. People like Bacha that claim to be business geniuses and know more than professional money managers are hilarious. He drove a truck for a living while money managers lived, learned and studied the market. Who would you rather take financial advice from?

Last edited:

bacha29

I know nothing about investing. I leave that up to the professionals. I am just like everyone else on here. A dumb ole truck driver. But I am smart enough to listen to people that are much smarter than me and those are the people that will allow me to retire with no money worries. People like Bacha that claim to be business geniuses and know more than professional money managers are hilarious. He drove a truck for a living while money managers lived, learned and studied the market. Who would you rather take financial advice from?
Look, you can say whatever you want about me.You can launch as personal attacks at me as you wish. The negative reflection falls on you not me. But. a few weeks ago when you dragged my diseased mother who died an agonizing death from brain cancer into the debate in another unsuccessful attempt to humiliate me left no doubt as to the vile and disgusting human being you are..So much so that it calls into question whether or not you can meet the definition of a human being.In the past I tried to overlook the fact that you are a product of the ignorant and backward Southern culture who put your hero in the White House whose conduct in Europe this past week was a national disgrace and embarrassment Say what you want about me because it all reflects on you not me. Hopefully you will find great comfort in the fact that you will not die of brain cancer because first you must have a brain. You stated that you know nothing about investing. Clearly there are many other things you know nothing about and foremost among them is how to be a person with class and dignity.

Oldfart

Look, you can say whatever you want about me.You can launch as personal attacks at me as you wish. The negative reflection falls on you not me. But. a few weeks ago when you dragged my diseased mother who died an agonizing death from brain cancer into the debate in another unsuccessful attempt to humiliate me left no doubt as to the vile and disgusting human being you are..So much so that it calls into question whether or not you can meet the definition of a human being.In the past I tried to overlook the fact that you are a product of the ignorant and backward Southern culture who put your hero in the White House whose conduct in Europe this past week was a national disgrace and embarrassment Say what you want about me because it all reflects on you not me. Hopefully you will find great comfort in the fact that you will not die of brain cancer because first you must have a brain. You stated that you know nothing about investing. Clearly there are many other things you know nothing about and foremost among them is how to be a person with class and dignity.
Sorry for your loss. Honestly

But you are still an idiot. You spew laws, rules and pending legislation on here daily and think you are a financial genius and criticize those that don't care or don't know what you are talking about. Just about every time someone makes a post, you want to quote a law or act that many times doesn't even pertain to the subject. You just get your kicks out of acting like a GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL
:BUSINESS GENIUS
: LAWYER
: JUST ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE THAT
MAKES YOU FEEL IMPORTANT

In the end, you are just a "dumb ole truck driver".

bacha29

Sorry for your loss. Honestly

But you are still an idiot. You spew laws, rules and pending legislation on here daily and think you are a financial genius and criticize those that don't care or don't know what you are talking about. Just about every time someone makes a post, you want to quote a law or act that many times doesn't even pertain to the subject. You just get your kicks out of acting like a GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL
:BUSINESS GENIUS
: LAWYER
: JUST ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE THAT
MAKES YOU FEEL IMPORTANT

In the end, you are just a "dumb ole truck driver".
I never said that I was any of those things. When a subject comes on this site and I see or hear of some information that could be useful insightful or be of help to someone, I simply pass it on . it's usefulness is something they can judge for themselves. I won't stoop to doing what you are constantly doing , Bragging about your money or launching personal attacks. What's the sense in that?Especially when it's a younger worker just getting started. They need all the help they can get. While you sit there in your miserable little world counting your money along with your "I've got mine the rest of you can go to hell" attitude I on the other hand will continue to look for ways to make a productive contribution wherever I can because unlike yourself I believe that I have an obligation to my peers to do so for as long as I am able.

Schweddy

Balls
Meat, I don't really care that you ask but I don't trust you concerning some of your history. So who is your executive old man anyway?