Train accident with Chattanooga UPS driver

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Tried to search for a thread on this accident, but could not find one. So if there was one, I appologize.

Best I heard he was a father of two. Have not heard much else. Heck of a way to start the new year.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
All I have been able to gather is that it did not have RR arms, and that he started across the tracks and was hit on the passenger side. While still daylight.

He left behind two children. Not much else on it though.

Best I can remember, that is 4 fatalities and several injuries in the last 4 years at RR crossings. I dont understand it though. When it comes to a train and a package car, the car loses every time.

d tks 407. Got some spare time now that I getta play house dad for a short while.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What gets a lot of people is when there are at least 2 tracks, and the first train passes by. Your first thought is that the crossing is clear, but it's always a possibility that there is another train headed in the opposite direction, partially or totally hidden by the first train. I don't know exactly what happened on this one, but someone very correctly pointed out that the train always wins.

djkre8r

Prayers for the family and his co-workers. I can't believe I just saw this post. We lost a driver a couple of weeks before Christmas and it is still hard on all of us.

brownedout

Agreed, so sad. Thoughts and prayers to the driver's family, friends, and co-workers. In this day and age no gates? Theres just too many of these instances I'm aware of. When does it end? Edison, NJ. employees is that long stretch of track that has no gates still there?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Thanks Sat for posting the link. I had it sent to me but have been tied up and today was the first time back since the last post. My heart goes out to the family.

While there are a lot of "might be's" in an accident like this, and we will never know what exactly was going on at the time, one thing is for certain. We average one driver killed or seriously injured each year after making contact with a train. I just dont understand why.....God have mercy....

d

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/di...c=2233&pid=147628419&mid=4503943&locale=en_US

rod

Retired 22 years
I will admit I had to Google "American Cornhole Association". I always wondered what they called that game. R.I.P. Mr. Hampton.