Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

Trainee question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Zeronine, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Zero999

Zero999 New Member

I started on Sept 23rd as a 22.4 driver. So far I’ve only been out by my self 4 times. The first day I did horrible. Second day I did better and the 3rd day did even better. I didn’t work for 4 days after and the 4th day out I did horrible (took me to long) again. The next day I got called into the office and almost got fired for taking to long to finish my route. Now, tomorrow will be a week since I worked. Are they not working me because I had 2 bad days? Do all trainees go through this?

2. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

explain to the supe that when they work you for 3 days then 4 days off it’s hard for you to establish a rhythm delivering...management wants runner/gunner numbers from day 1

3. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

I hope a Steward was present when the yelled at you.
    File a harassment grievance.
    Contact an attorney and sue on the grounds of hostile work environment

4. Methods Man

Methods Man Member

And tell his mommy while he’s at it.

5. Zero999

Zero999 New Member

I did talk to my sup and after the conversation he told me I was scheduled to work the following week. He was right, I only worked 1 day this week. I won't work Friday or Monday so another 7 days without work.

This is BS. They treat the trainees like :censored2: and we can't do anything about it.

6. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

UPS treats everyone equal. Either get used to it or find another job.

7. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

you should find a full time driver and follow him around on his route in your car. Then mimic everything he does at every stop. This is how @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U became a good driver

8. Yes

9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

They treat trainees like.....trainees.

They are going to push and harass you to see how you handle it . When I started and they hammered me to the point of me about to go postal or cry and my sup asked if I was good I'd laugh on the outside and say "that's all you got"? I had the endgame in my mind of being hired and nothing was going to stop me . At least I knew if I didn't get the job I did everything i could to show I was capable. In the end it would have been their loss if they didn't hire me (at least in my mind) . In the end they hired me so I guess I did something right .I beat out 6 other people.
    Don't be soft or show any weakness in the beginning or your done .