Trainee question

Zero999

I started on Sept 23rd as a 22.4 driver. So far I’ve only been out by my self 4 times. The first day I did horrible. Second day I did better and the 3rd day did even better. I didn’t work for 4 days after and the 4th day out I did horrible (took me to long) again. The next day I got called into the office and almost got fired for taking to long to finish my route. Now, tomorrow will be a week since I worked. Are they not working me because I had 2 bad days? Do all trainees go through this?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I started on Sept 23rd as a 22.4 driver. So far I’ve only been out by my self 4 times. The first day I did horrible. Second day I did better and the 3rd day did even better. I didn’t work for 4 days after and the 4th day out I did horrible (took me to long) again. The next day I got called into the office and almost got fired for taking to long to finish my route. Now, tomorrow will be a week since I worked. Are they not working me because I had 2 bad days? Do all trainees go through this?
explain to the supe that when they work you for 3 days then 4 days off it’s hard for you to establish a rhythm delivering...management wants runner/gunner numbers from day 1

Zero999

I did talk to my sup and after the conversation he told me I was scheduled to work the following week. He was right, I only worked 1 day this week. I won't work Friday or Monday so another 7 days without work.

This is BS. They treat the trainees like :censored2: and we can't do anything about it.

I did talk to my sup and after the conversation he told me I was scheduled to work the following week. He was right, I only worked 1 day this week. I won't work Friday or Monday so another 7 days without work.

This is BS. They treat the trainees like :censored2: and we can't do anything about it.
UPS treats everyone equal. Either get used to it or find another job.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

you should find a full time driver and follow him around on his route in your car. Then mimic everything he does at every stop. This is how @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U became a good driver

Indecisi0n

They treat trainees like.....trainees.

They are going to push and harass you to see how you handle it . When I started and they hammered me to the point of me about to go postal or cry and my sup asked if I was good I'd laugh on the outside and say "that's all you got"? I had the endgame in my mind of being hired and nothing was going to stop me . At least I knew if I didn't get the job I did everything i could to show I was capable. In the end it would have been their loss if they didn't hire me (at least in my mind) . In the end they hired me so I guess I did something right .I beat out 6 other people.
Don't be soft or show any weakness in the beginning or your done .