Training 22.4's

Fake news. the 5,000 figure is in section 22.3. Nothing of the sort in section 22.4.

22.3 drivers and 22.4 drivers are entirely different classifications of drivers. 22.3 drivers are in existence right now in most ups buildings. 22.4 drivers don't exist yet.
I got some paperwork at home. I'm pretty sure somewhere it said 5000 new full-time 22.4 jobs

scoutlover

Yes I believe they will qualify like everyone else (I know they will here in my local). Do you have training route language in your supplemental?
Must've missed this post. There is the old language about training routes that's been there for years. Nothing about how it pertains to 22.4. They did add a line that say all training routes have to be used equally. That's new and a welcome addition.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Anyone care to discuss the actual purpose of this thread? How are they going to train/qualify? If what was proposed is true (doubt it) and a 22.4 is truly going to work inside for 4 hours and on road for 4 hours, why would they need to qualify for 30 days on a 9.5 average dispatched route?

Don’t see a 22.4 doing much inside the building maybe cover call ins or when extra heavy. Why would they pay a 22.4 $30 an hour to do a part timers work that gets paid $15 or less

Oak

any driver bidding a training route next week could possibly bidding coverage without knowing it instead of a highly sought after route.
I wouldn't think any route that would be considered for a training route would be "highly sought" after by a seniority driver.

542thruNthru

Must've missed this post. There is the old language about training routes that's been there for years. Nothing about how it pertains to 22.4. They did add a line that say all training routes have to be used equally. That's new and a welcome addition.

Here in my area 22.4s will be used predominantly as drivers. So they will be trained on a route for 30 days to qualify.

If you take a training route I would say it's a safe bet that you will be pulled off it so that they can train 22.4s

This is why I asked if you have training route language. You will need to know it well so you can enfore it if you bid a training route.

Does your Supplmental have any language on 22.4s? Some thing more then just the Master language?

542thruNthru

Fake news. the 5,000 figure is in section 22.3. Nothing of the sort in section 22.4.

22.3 drivers and 22.4 drivers are entirely different classifications of drivers. 22.3 drivers are in existence right now in most ups buildings. 22.4 drivers don't exist yet.

Read it yourself here:

I hate to break this to you man but you're wrong.

22.4s will be counted towards the newly created 5000 22.3 jobs.

Read it for yourself.
Screenshot_20190109-104921.png

Screenshot_20190109-104814.png

542thruNthru

5000 total for the entire country

Its at least 5000 new 22.3/22.4 jobs. More then that will be created I'm sure.

IWhere are you reading this? The whole selling point of 22.4's was to work weekends and alleviate overtime for regular full-timers. I can't see 5000 putting a dent in either.

Screenshot_20190109-105442.png

1st I'm not saying your wrong.
? Where did you see the number of only 5000.
My understanding was that it was 25% of the number of RPCDS on a center by center basis.
Ps I hope for all are sakes your right and I'm wrong

The 5000 new 22.3/22.4 jobs is the least they have to create across the country.

The 25% is just the cap in each building. Unless the union agrees to more.

Screenshot_20190109-105837.png

scoutlover

I wouldn't think any route that would be considered for a training route would be "highly sought" after by a seniority driver.
Our training routes are highly sought after. Some time ago, prior to us getting Orion, the time allowances were changed in our building to unobtainable numbers. Our best "runners" barely come in under an hour over allowed. Our slowest routinely run 2 to 3 hours over. I've seen some guys have 4 and 5 hour over days. It was at that time they made our best routes training routes because they were the only ones a new hire had a chance of running less than 1.5 hours over on.

scoutlover

Here in my area 22.4s will be used predominantly as drivers. So they will be trained on a route for 30 days to qualify.

If you take a training route I would say it's a safe bet that you will be pulled off it so that they can train 22.4s

This is why I asked if you have training route language. You will need to know it well so you can enfore it if you bid a training route.

Does your Supplmental have any language on 22.4s? Some thing more then just the Master language?
We do have specific language on training runs. They get 30 days and no more, and now will have rotate training runs. In the past they would pick 1 or 2 and have a revolving door of new people on it.

I'll reread the supplement but I don't recall anything earthshakingly different from the master.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I didn't see that language. Where was that stated?

I can't remember right now.

Someone else posted that.... and I said BS.

Ate crow on that one.

When I get a chance, I'll research my post's and find it.

It might have been from one of the contract "chats" with the IBT.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Its at least 5000 new 22.3/22.4 jobs. More then that will be created I'm sure.

View attachment 230265

The 5000 new 22.3/22.4 jobs is the least they have to create across the country.

The 25% is just the cap in each building. Unless the union agrees to more.

View attachment 230267
I see your point.
My understanding is these are 2 separate issues as the company interprets the contract.
1. The 5000 22.3 jobs will infact be rebid as 22.4 as 22.3's retire or leave by other means.
2. The 25% rule as you've shown.
Will that be what happens, don't have a clue!
My educated guess would be UPS will attempt the above scenario after the contract is in affect, let the issue go to national panel and see what they can get.
Perhaps its already been sorted out ?

542thruNthru

I see your point.
My understanding is these are 2 separate issues as the company interprets the contract.
1. The 5000 22.3 jobs will infact be rebid as 22.4 as 22.3's retire or leave by other means.
2. The 25% rule as you've shown.
Will that be what happens, don't have a clue!
My educated guess would be UPS will attempt the above scenario after the contract is in affect, let the issue go to national panel and see what they can get.
Perhaps its already been sorted out ?

The 5000 jobs haven't been bid yet. So they will not have to be rebid. They will be created and mostly all be 22.4 jobs.

All current 22.3 jobs should be protected. If they are rebid and turned into 22.4 job this should be filed on ASAP.
Screenshot_20190109-133558.png

The Real Jack RyanMI6

The 5000 jobs haven't been bid yet. So they will not have to be rebid. They will be created and mostly all be 22.4 jobs.

All current 22.3 jobs should be protected. If they are rebid and turned into 22.4 job this should be filed on ASAP.
View attachment 230290
Thanks I'll look out for that we have a 22.3 that will be rebid in our center in the next little while. I'm not going for it but I'll make sure the steward isn't distracted and misses it thanks again for the response. Till next time JR