Training route

Bobcat32

I have been out on disability for the last year and a half. I have had both knees and a hip replaced. I just received word that they have turned my route into a training route. I have been on that route for 12+ years. I though they could only change a route to a training route when a route has been vacated and is open for bid?

quad decade guy

I have been out on disability for the last year and a half. I have had both knees and a hip replaced. I just received word that they have turned my route into a training route. I have been on that route for 12+ years. I though they could only change a route to a training route when a route has been vacated and is open for bid?

You do know they can do a whole lot of things up to and including shutting the doors. Right?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What does your supplement say?

ManInBrown

In the 177 routes can only be converted into training routes when they are up for bid. And once they designate the driver they are using the training route for. Only that driver can do the route until they get thru their 30. They can’t flip flop back and forth between drivers. If a different driver is placed on it during the 30, they can be bumped.

PACNW

Did they turn it into a training route? Here it must be designated a training route on the bid sheet at the time of the bid.
However, when a bid driver is going to be gone for an extended period of time, it is common to use that route to train vs displacing a bid driver who has a training route.

AKCoverMan

This makes a lot of sense and after a year and a half your management team just got used to using your route as a training route. The first time they try to bump you off now that your back, just politely remind them your a bid route driver and your route was not a training route when you bid it. If you not placed back on your route immediately it’s time to talk to “Stewart”!
Did they turn it into a training route? Here it must be designated a training route on the bid sheet at the time of the bid.
However, when a bid driver is going to be gone for an extended period of time, it is common to use that route to train vs displacing a bid driver who has a training route.

ddomino

In our area, if you are out for a second round of route bidding, so more than 1 year at least, you are inelligable to bid a route. Under these conditions, I would think they could make your route a training one.

DriverNerd

In our area, if you are out for a second round of route bidding, so more than 1 year at least, you are inelligable to bid a route. Under these conditions, I would think they could make your route a training one.

I could see that. Where we are only feeder bids are posted every year. Here it's a driver's route for life once the bid is won.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
In NorCal we’ve had so many drivers in progression that the union agreed to UPS using the routes of drivers on Comp and Dis as long as they weren’t already assigned as Temp bids.

Unions perspective is that they don’t want to be an obstacle to getting more drivers. Right or wrong it was definitely needed.

What'dyabringmetoday???

In NorCal we’ve had so many drivers in progression that the union agreed to UPS using the routes of drivers on Comp and Dis as long as they weren’t already assigned as Temp bids.

Unions perspective is that they don’t want to be an obstacle to getting more drivers. Right or wrong it was definitely needed.
We are lucky to have such a strong union.