transfer....22.4??

simple question for brothers.
i am in CA.
if i transfer to other center, i would be 22.4 driver
at the new location with the lower pay rate??
some say Yes, some say No.
during nego season last year, union said we are locked in as full time driver.
it is hard to hold of union rep.
please give me the correct information.

542thruNthru

i am in CA.

I would love to give you the right information but I'm going to need you to do me a favor.

Rewrite that mess so I can understand it.

boxdust

My guess is that they would have to keep you as a rpcd. The transfer process in the west only applies to the same job classification. You can't transfer from feeders to package or package to feeder, you have to stay in the same classification, every job has its own transfer list. But since they are only hiring 22.4s now and not real drivers it might take forever to get transferred to a new location.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
i am in CA.
Package car drivers can transfer. 22.4 is a "combo" job. If your full time package car driver and transfer, you will not switch classification. You will stay package car driver. You will not be switched to 22.4. They are not eligible for transfers.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Full timers can rarely transfer anyway. There usually has to be a life threatening reason for them or a family member to even consider it. 22.4 positions are only in those centers that have Saturday ground delivery so the first question is IF you are transferring, what kind of center are you going to? Second, what would the transfer
paperwork say as far as position? Is there an agreement in the west that allows easier transfer for friend/T employees?

i am in CA.
You would be locked in at your current pay rate ( if they let you transfer)

You would not get another raise until the 22.4 job passed your rate..... Which would be at least 6-7 years

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Full timers can rarely transfer anyway. There usually has to be a life threatening reason for them or a family member to even consider it. 22.4 positions are only in those centers that have Saturday ground delivery so the first question is IF you are transferring, what kind of center are you going to? Second, what would the transfer
paperwork say as far as position? Is there an agreement in the west that allows easier transfer for friend/T employees?
giphy (15).gif

Out here in the west, we can transfer.

542thruNthru

Thanks gearhead. I wasn't aware of that benefit. They make it near to impossible around here.

Under what circumstances are you aloud to transfer in the West?

Screenshot_20190730-072507_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20190730-072524_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20190730-072648_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Western Region
Alaska, Arizona, Southern California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Southern Nevada,.New Mexico, Oregon, Utah and Washington.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
\

Thanks for the info. Does this work or is it too complicated to get elsewhere in your opinion?
I transferred from so cal to washington state. It was easy. When I arrived at the new location in WA, I stayed at top rate, my insurance and my retirement never skipped a beat. The transfer process went smoothly for me.

boxdust

I've been on the transfer list for 3 years. The only way this works is when you have 29 yrs of seniority. And then as soon as you transfer you have zero seniority again.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I've been on the transfer list for 3 years. The only way this works is when you have 29 yrs of seniority. And then as soon as you transfer you have zero seniority again.
It depends where your trying to transfer too. My transfer came through about 7 months after they pulled the list because they were desperate for drivers. If you trying to transfer to San Diego or Hawaii. Yeah, your gonna need a lot of seniority.