Transfer inquiry/advice

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
What up fellow teamsters? Thinking about what's best for my family and transferring is the option I'm in question about. I have 2 years left to go to make top scale pay. Should I "attempt" to transfer Asap and lose my minuscule building seniority. Or make top rate then transfer. I'm leaning towards waiting it out. What you guys think? Thanks

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Well if I'm full scale, transfer, go to the bottom of the list, possibly getting laid off wouldn't hurt the wallet as bad making double what I am now.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I think it's about time for a "Transfer FAQ" prominently stickied at the top of the forum.

This question is getting more mileage than socks.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I think it's about time for a "Transfer FAQ" prominently stickied at the top of the forum.

I agree man, this topic has been totally :censored2:'d out. Was hesitant to post cause the mere word "transfer" annoys everybody. But it's a legit question. Btw I am West Coast

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yeah. It's been real bad the last few weeks. Oh well I another few weeks we can hear about all of the summer seasonals that are going to stay on driving.

By The Book

Well if I'm full scale, transfer, go to the bottom of the list, possibly getting laid off wouldn't hurt the wallet as bad making double what I am now.
True, but will the opportunity to transfer be available when you reach top scale. More likely you will not be the highest seniority driver who has a transfer request in for that building. Your right on the monetary statement.