transfer issues

I Currently live in Prescott and my hubby is in so cal working and awaiting for a transfer - we moved here to get our girls settled before they get much older - hes been on the transfer list for 5 years now and commutes every weekend to be with us! I am a nurse and he has 23+ years with UPS. We thought we would easily relocate our family to arizona. . . not so. It has been 5 years now - he has been #1 or #2 each year for these two hubs he is requesting - Flagstaff and Prescott Valley -
Anyone have any suggestions on how to get him moved over here? Can i use the fact that i got relocated for my job? This is killin us - Does anyone have any experience with education needs or suchif we went that route and enrolled him in school over here?
If you guys could give me any info/help I would greatly appreciate it! i just dont know what else to do? This stinks!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm not sure on the western transfer rules but since your a nurse and can likely find a job anywhere I wouldn't hold my breath on that route working.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Also hindsight is 20/20 but with you having probably the easiest of jobs to find just about anywhere. Why wouldn't u wait until he got the transfer. Instead of how u did it.

browned_out

I Currently live in Prescott and my hubby is in so cal working and awaiting for a transfer - we moved here to get our girls settled before they get much older - hes been on the transfer list for 5 years now and commutes every weekend to be with us! I am a nurse and he has 23+ years with UPS. We thought we would easily relocate our family to arizona. . . not so. It has been 5 years now - he has been #1 or #2 each year for these two hubs he is requesting - Flagstaff and Prescott Valley -
Anyone have any suggestions on how to get him moved over here? Can i use the fact that i got relocated for my job? This is killin us - Does anyone have any experience with education needs or suchif we went that route and enrolled him in school over here?
If you guys could give me any info/help I would greatly appreciate it! i just dont know what else to do? This stinks!

Your husband needs to see the list that HR keeps and shows where each building is at with regards to transfers, the ratio is 6 to 1, six part timers to full time then they can take a transfer. His local BA can request this list to see whats going on, I will tell you that out here in cali they (ups) have not always followed the rules and have passed over the transfer for a inside or off the street hire. Your husband needs to stay on top of this with help from the union, don't expect the company to play fair.

davidmex

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I'm no expert, but I believe the easiest route would be to resign & get rehired in Arizona.
​I also recommend he talks to Joe, the regional manager for California, I'm sure he can help facilitate stuff.

Why? Why would anyone want to leave so cal?