Transfer part-time to full-time?

stephen

I currently work as a part-time employee in a UPS warehouse, there are full-time jobs posted on the UPS website and other websites i went to apply for them and revived this message.
Thank you for your interest in opportunities. However our records indicate that you are a current employee of UPS. To inquire about other job opportunities, you must speak with your supervisor. Does anyone know what i need to do and has anyone ever transferred from part-time to full-time?.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You cannot transfer from a PT to a FT position in a different building. Think about it for a second---would it be fair for you to skip over the PTers in that building? You need to bide your time like most of the rest of us did.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You cannot transfer from a PT to a FT position in a different building. Think about it for a second---would it be fair for you to skip over the PTers in that building? You need to bide your time like most of the rest of us did.
Like the "like MOST of the rest of us"!!!! Lol

UPSGUY72

I currently work as a part-time employee in a UPS warehouse, there are full-time jobs posted on the UPS website and other websites i went to apply for them and revived this message.
Thank you for your interest in opportunities. However our records indicate that you are a current employee of UPS. To inquire about other job opportunities, you must speak with your supervisor. Does anyone know what i need to do and has anyone ever transferred from part-time to full-time?.

Your SOL. Your plan isn't going to happen...

stephen

Ok but these jobs are offered to the public on sites like Indeed.com or SimplyHired.com would i have to quit and reapply to get the job?.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ok but these jobs are offered to the public on sites like Indeed.com or SimplyHired.com would i have to quit and reapply to get the job?.

Yes but if you quit you would most likely be given a no-rehire status and would be out of a job completely.

Bide your time like most of the rest of us did. Your turn will come.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
how tight are you with HR? I can name two people who were PT in one building ,and were allowed to resign and were hired as a FT off the street driver the building I work out of. They were both VERY tight with HR

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

how tight are you with HR? I can name two people who were PT in one building ,and were allowed to resign and were hired as a FT off the street driver the building I work out of. They were both VERY tight with HR

Are all of the buildings that you speak of under the same union local?

UPSGUY72

They are getting rid of local HR people. The HR person in are area retired last year and they haven't replaced her...

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
They are getting rid of local HR people. The HR person in are area retired last year and they haven't replaced her...

we still have one,and see her about once a month when she is hiring part timers to replace those she hired the month before