Transfer/Rehire question

AZBrown

Teamster by choice
I'm about to be hired, however my house is for sale, and I'm moving to a new metro area as soon as it's sold. (whenever that is)
The HR person at the center says that ups would like a 1 year commitment. Anything less could hurt chances of rehire, if one left early.
If I were to leave early, is this rehire scenario really a problem if I left before a year's time.
They also told me that 1 year is required before any building transfers, or intercity transfers.
Would being a student help out a transfer possibility before a year's time.
I'm in this for the long haul, the benefits mainly, cause even part time ups doesn't pay the bills.
Any input on this would be appreciated.

JaxFedEx

Rules are rules. Didn't think there was a way around them. Or, you know, they might say "He is a student, of course he can transfer. !".

Give it a shot.

AZBrown

Teamster by choice
Rules are rules. Didn't think there was a way around them. Or, you know, they might say "He is a student, of course he can transfer. !".

Give it a shot.
I've been told by more than one BA that they take better care of the students, thanks for the advice

P

pickup

63 views and not a single opinion?:speechless:

Sorry, AZ, I let my response linger in my head as there as so many variables to consider. One thing is for certain in my head, you being hired now means they are definitely counting on you to be there during peak which for all intents and purposes starts in september. If you quit before the end of the year, you will definitely(in my opinion) be on the "do not rehire " list. If you quit after peak (which is when the backlog, if any, is cleared up in jan) , you have a better chance of being rehired.

I know you mentioned the option of transfers, that is something that is very murky and hence , i won't comment on it other than saying, don't count on it.

barnyard

KTM rider
I would not count on transferring. You might be able to quit and be rehired, but only if you put in your year so that you stay off the do not hire list. If you do that, you start all over again. That means another 12 months for your benefits and another 18 for your family.