Transfer shift from sunrise to twilight but keep $1 more per hour?

Yeanop

Hi all. I've worked at UPS for 3 months now as a preloader, but because of a new job I need to switch to the twilight shift. Because I'm a preloader, I started at $9.50/hr instead of $8.50/hr. If I switch to the twilight shift, will I lose the extra $1 per hour?

U

uber

I think you need to work that shift for 6 months before the pay becomes permanent. Then again, at my hub it takes a year before you can switch shifts.

Yeanop

Hmmm. I read somewhere in the Master Agreement that I can switch to another shift without 6 months seniority yet (I have 3 months), but I can't find anything about keeping the extra $1.

U

uber

After 6 months of that pay it becomes permanent. I know thats the way with pickoffs and sorters in my building at least.

Yeanop

Thanks for the replies. I work in Utah and by the looks of your username you too work in the West (I won't say where) and are probably under the same Western Supplement as I am, so I assume it's the same here. I'll have to talk to my steward I guess.

U

uber

At my center, if you switch to an 'unskilled' job from a 'skilled' one, you lose the buck.

But, if you worked that 'skilled' job for over 6 months they cant take that buck back from you if you change shifts, or move to the unload or load lines.