Transfer to another Hub within the District?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
giphy.gif

DJ Spyder

I've been a full time driver for two years now in Key West , Florida. I need to move to Gainesville as I have a 10 yr old who needs to attend a special needs school in the state, and there are only 3 in Florida, the one in Gainesville, FL is the only one I can afford...
So I'm wondering if there are any FT drivers in Gainesville, FL who would want to "swap" jobs ? Not sure what UPS or the Union might have to say about it, but am thinking if there is someone who would be willing to consider it, they might go for it...everyone wins , right ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've been a full time driver for two years now in Key West , Florida. I need to move to Gainesville as I have a 10 yr old who needs to attend a special needs school in the state, and there are only 3 in Florida, the one in Gainesville, FL is the only one I can afford...
So I'm wondering if there are any FT drivers in Gainesville, FL who would want to "swap" jobs ? Not sure what UPS or the Union might have to say about it, but am thinking if there is someone who would be willing to consider it, they might go for it...everyone wins , right ?

Put in for a hardship transfer request due to your son's specific needs.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks for the advice, ...yeah I gotta try that route too, just don't have much faith in HR...but it's worth a shot !

Hardship transfer requests are not easy to get-----they require a ton of documentation and the cooperation of both center management teams----but they can be done.

You will need documentation from your son's medical care provider supporting your request.