Transferring Help

motonut

I’m trying desperately to transfer to KY from California. I’ve been at UPS 27 years. I’m part time (was a driver for 14 years but started taking insulin...so back to part time) I would like to transfer to Worldport. I know that education transfers are the easy to go but the cost of tuition is about $3500+, even if UPS reimbursed me with Earn and Learn, I still would have to fork out the $ up front. anyone have a contact for HR or someone that I can actually talk to at Worldport (or HR for Worldport). I know we are supposed to go through our HR department but my local HR is somewhat swamped and slow to get things moving. I filed for a transfer but I’d like to actually talk to someone to get a better idea of my chances of getting the transfer this summer. BTW, I transferred once as a full timer so I know the the deal with sonority loss etc. PM is fine too. Thanks.

IESucks

I’m trying desperately to transfer to KY from California. I’ve been at UPS 27 years. I’m part time (was a driver for 14 years but started taking insulin...so back to part time) I would like to transfer to Worldport. I know that education transfers are the easy to go but the cost of tuition is about $3500+, even if UPS reimbursed me with Earn and Learn, I still would have to fork out the $ up front. anyone have a contact for HR or someone that I can actually talk to at Worldport (or HR for Worldport). I know we are supposed to go through our HR department but my local HR is somewhat swamped and slow to get things moving. I filed for a transfer but I’d like to actually talk to someone to get a better idea of my chances of getting the transfer this summer. BTW, I transferred once as a full timer so I know the the deal with sonority loss etc. PM is fine too. Thanks.
Oh my

motonut

I'll switch spots with you. Would love to be in CA. I just need to shave my.back for the beach.
Shave your back and hide your wallet becuse they will tax-rape you. Just about everyone I work with has a 2nd or 3rd job just to pay bills. be ready for $4-$5 a gollon for gas. it’s ugly out here in crazy town USA.

MAKAVELI

Shave your back and hide your wallet becuse they will tax-rape you. Just about everyone I work with has a 2nd or 3rd job just to pay bills. be ready for $4-$5 a gollon for gas. it’s ugly out here in crazy town USA.
Do you really expect to be able to pay the bills with one part time job?

Indecisi0n

Is it considered rape if you enjoy it a little?

motonut

Do you really expect to be able to pay the bills with one part time job?
Obviously not that’s why I work 2 jobs and my wife works one. The point is rent and everything else cost 2 to 3 times what it costs in Kentucky. Also we pay about $300 per car for registration every year and our summer electric bill can hit $700+. I work for ever damn penny I make, I’m not freaking liberal leach asking for $15/hour at McDonalds.

MAKAVELI

You seem pretty butt hurt someone doesn’t like living in the People’s Republic of California.
Not at all I just find it funny that somebody is complaining about having to work a second or third job when they're working part time. He sounds like a snowflake to me.:happy2:

motonut

You seem pretty butt hurt someone doesn’t like living in the People’s Republic of California.
I didn’t know there was a butt-hurt level indicator, I’m glad your on the job. living in California is great, if you are on some kind of assistance program...so yes, I no longer like paying for Sacramento cronyism and funding democratic voters...and the BBQ in California sucks.