Transferring to friend/T position...

kmjs14

I may be transferring to a another hub soon and have a question about putting my name on the driver list:
Does my position on the list (seniority rank) depend on how many years I have with UPS or the hub?
In other words, if I have 5 years with UPS at hub A and then transfer to hub B and put my name on a drivers list for hub B will I fall to the bottom of the list?
(Hub B is in a different state/district than Hub A).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I may be transferring to a another hub soon and have a question about putting my name on the driver list:
Does my position on the list (seniority rank) depend on how many years I have with UPS or the hub?
In other words, if I have 5 years with UPS at hub A and then transfer to hub B and put my name on a drivers list for hub B will I fall to the bottom of the list?
(Hub B is in a different state/district than Hub A).

The only seniority you retain is company seniority. When you transfer to a new hub you go to the bottom of the list, which is only fair if you think of it from the perspective of someone who has been at your new hub longer and is also looking to go driving.

bumped

Like everything else at UPS it depends where you are. Here, you have your company seniority, but for things like the drivers list you must wait 1 year before you go back to your "bidding" seniority when transferring.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Like everything else at UPS it depends where you are. Here, you have your company seniority, but for things like the drivers list you must wait 1 year before you go back to your "bidding" seniority when transferring.

You wait in line til there is an opening.

UPSF Peeon

The only seniority you retain is company seniority. When you transfer to a new hub you go to the bottom of the list, which is only fair if you think of it from the perspective of someone who has been at your new hub longer and is also looking to go driving.

what no smartass comment?

brett636

I believe all you keep is the # of weeks of vacation and your pay rate. For everything else your at the bottom of the totem pole.