Transferring

vantexan

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer over seas? UK france italy ect.....
It's possible to work overseas in management but practically all countries have safeguards to protect jobs for their own citizens. About the only place a courier can transfer to outside of the 50 states is Puerto Rico and that might no longer be available.

dezguy

Not possible without being rehired as stated above. I know it is possible if you are part of management. Our VP of operations left FedEx Express Canada to become the president of Asia ops like 10 years ago.

SmithBarney

It's possible to work overseas in management but practically all countries have safeguards to protect jobs for their own citizens. About the only place a courier can transfer to outside of the 50 states is Puerto Rico and that might no longer be available.
I think you can still go to PR, I see listings on JCATS all the time. Keep in mind there are lots of listings because many CRRS in PR transfer to the mainland.

vantexan

I think you can still go to PR, I see listings on JCATS all the time. Keep in mind there are lots of listings because many CRRS in PR transfer to the mainland.
There was a period where there were no PR postings because, as I heard, the company wanted fluent Spanish speakers there. I did start seeing them again but as a domicile I rarely had access to JCATS so didn't want to say one way or another. Considered it once but found rents there seemed very high.