Transfers

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you think that would be in my favor then? Like I said it's not that I don't want the job I plan on hopefully making it my career it's just one of those things. The ups hub in Kansas city is only ten or fifteen mins from where I would be moving

The one plus that you will have going is that you won't have to be trained.

It might be a good idea for you to try to take a trip to KC and to arrange a meeting beforehand with the HR at the hub that you are hopeful to work at.

Yeah that may be a possibility ..I mean all my training went well and my thirty day begainers period and all that plus I was a seasonal driver helper during peak and all. I got a good news and all around the hub being I load a constant at least 425 packages per hour and all ...Who would I talk to just human resources? Would I get in you let for talking to another hub first or maybe even filling out an application to see what happens ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah that may be a possibility ..I mean all my training went well and my thirty day begainers period and all that plus I was a seasonal driver helper during peak and all. I got a good news and all around the hub being I load a constant at least 425 packages per hour and all ...Who would I talk to just human resources? Would I get in you let for talking to another hub first or maybe even filling out an application to see what happens ?

You cannot fill out an application as you are a current employee.

Sit down with your current HR person and ask him/her to get the contact information for the HR in KC. Send that person an introductory e-mail briefly explaining your situation and what you are hoping to do. You will need both to work together if this is going to work out for you.

NXA

You cannot fill out an application as you are a current employee.

Sit down with your current HR person and ask him/her to get the contact information for the HR in KC. Send that person an introductory e-mail briefly explaining your situation and what you are hoping to do. You will need both to work together if this is going to work out for you.
You might add, in that conversation, that you're thinking of going to school there. Because ever since this message thread, you've been thinking of it. And see above, about the education transfer.

Sandie Gula

You can get an education transfer if you're taking classes somewhere. Other than that, no.

I have been turned down twice for an educational transfer. Each time "Labor" gave a different reason, none of which are even stated as a condition in the union contract. First time, I was told that I wasn't in school long enough. The second time I was told I needed to be in a program not available where I live - which by the way I registered for Agricultural Sciences outside of Chicago where I currently live. No college in the Chicago area offers Agricultural Sciences but still it didn't seem to matter. In my opinion, the educational transfer is a worthless piece of the union contract because all decisions appear to be arbitrary.

If anyone has helpful info that I can use to make this happen I would really appreciate it.

km3

I have been turned down twice for an educational transfer. Each time "Labor" gave a different reason, none of which are even stated as a condition in the union contract. First time, I was told that I wasn't in school long enough. The second time I was told I needed to be in a program not available where I live - which by the way I registered for Agricultural Sciences outside of Chicago where I currently live. No college in the Chicago area offers Agricultural Sciences but still it didn't seem to matter. In my opinion, the educational transfer is a worthless piece of the union contract because all decisions appear to be arbitrary.

If anyone has helpful info that I can use to make this happen I would really appreciate it.

What did your business agent say?