Traveling to help another station

chris45

Hey, so I(actually quite a few of us went) went and helped a station 7 hours away for two weeks. Initially I was told I get paid for traveling out there and coming back. I went out there on memorial day, came back that Friday, went back out there Sunday and came back on Thursday. The people at the other station confirmed this as well when I was there. Now I'm being told I do not get paid for that? Why wouldn't I get paid for doing work on my own time on my day off? Honestly i should get overtime for it Lol. I also rented a car, I was told they reimburse for it plus gas but they suddenly don't know if I do. I need my money... Are my stations managers just clueless or how does this work? Any policies I can look at? Thanks

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Hey, so I(actually quite a few of us went) went and helped a station 7 hours away for two weeks. Initially I was told I get paid for traveling out there and coming back. I went out there on memorial day, came back that Friday, went back out there Sunday and came back on Thursday. The people at the other station confirmed this as well when I was there. Now I'm being told I do not get paid for that? Why wouldn't I get paid for doing work on my own time on my day off? Honestly i should get overtime for it Lol. I also rented a car, I was told they reimburse for it plus gas but they suddenly don't know if I do. I need my money... Are my stations managers just clueless or how does this work? Any policies I can look at? Thanks
Your contributions have been noted, and will be reimbursed the second Tuesday of next week.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lesson learned

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Your managers are clueless. Go higher up the food chain to get your answers.

Aquaman

If a FedEx manager has any involvement in your reimbursement…. Don’t do it. 90% of them don’t know how to do anything. This was your own fault lol. Should have never gone.

bacha29

If you're working for a contingency Ground contractor do not expect to get paid and do not allow yourself to ever again be duped into going out of your way to solve these types of problems. They are management/contractor problems that require a management/ contractor solution.

McFeely

Huge Member
When I have traveled to other locations in my own vehicle for the company, I was paid mileage + time. I've only done same-day drives, and not any overnight trips for FedEx though.

Also worth adding: we've had swings head to domicile routes and be offered hotel + dinner reimbursement so they could work a longer day and not worry about 14-hour violations with the long drive back to the courier's home station.

SmithBarney

At Express:
If you used your own vehicle Mileage(or gas, but not both) from your station to other station is paid.

Time traveled (measured from station to station) are paid.
Gas and rental(next time let them rent the car) is paid.
Meals are paid, if not returning home each night
You need an expense report to fill out.

You may have a CSA that handles this, otherwise your manager would treat your payment like you were going away to training.

chris45

At Express:
If you used your own vehicle Mileage(or gas, but not both) from your station to other station is paid.

Time traveled (measured from station to station) are paid.
Gas and rental(next time let them rent the car) is paid.
Meals are paid, if not returning home each night
You need an expense report to fill out.

You may have a CSA that handles this, otherwise your manager would treat your payment like you were going away to training.
I forgot to thank you, I got everything and have been doing this travel thing quite a bit. They gave me a hot card for food so I don't have to use money

Do you(or anybody else) know if I can use that card for car rentals?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I forgot to thank you, I got everything and have been doing this travel thing quite a bit. They gave me a hot card for food so I don't have to use money

Do you(or anybody else) know if I can use that card for car rentals?

You got a company CC
Try it at the strip club