Triple Pay Grievance Question?

blakerben

Ok, so if I file a “supervisor working” grievance for a third time within 9 months, it should be at triple pay. Now, is that if you file a grievance three times on the same supervisor working, or three times on different supervisors working?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
There's a little more to it.... than that.

First thing, you must confront them and ask why they are working ?

Second.. you must ask to be put back on the clock, and offer to perform the work.

After those 2 conditions are met, you have a legitimate contract infraction

and can grieve for all time you observed or can prove they worked.

-Bug-
This is from big union guy, he comes off as old guard and a Hoffa supporter but knows his stuff.

BigBrown87

Method 1:

One indirect method is to stand there and watch them until they are done. If they ask you .... "what are you doing?"......tell them that you are doing their job since they are doing yours.

Method 2: File a grievance.

Section 7 (d) – Supervisors Working

(d) If it is determined at any step of the grievance and/or arbitration

procedure that this Section, or a “supervisor working” provision

in a Supplement, Rider or Addendum, has been violated, the

aggrieved employee will be paid as follows: (i) if the actual hours

worked by the supervisor amounts to two (2) hours or less, the

aggrieved employee will be paid for the actual hours worked by

the supervisor at the rate of double time the employee’s rate of

pay at the time of the incident; or (ii) if the supervisor works more

than two (2) hours, the aggrieved employee shall be paid four (4)

hours at straight time or actual hours worked at double time the

employee’s rate of pay at the time of the incident, whichever is

greater. If no aggrieved employee can be identified, the payment

will be made to the grievant. Such remedy shall be in addition

to any other remedies sought by the Union in the appropriate

grievance procedure.

If a Supplement, Rider or Addendum does not have a provision

requiring notice to the steward when a supervisor works the following

shall be incorporated: “In the event a supervisor does perform

bargaining unit work, the Employer shall notify the appropriate shop

steward as soon as possible.”

In the event that any individual supervisor is found to be in violation

of the first paragraph of this Subsection three (3) times in any nine

(9) month rolling period, the grievance shall be paid at triple time the

employee’s rate of pay for the hours specified in the first paragraph

BigBrown87

From what I read it states INDIVIDUAL supervisor is to be found working 3 times In a 9 month rolling period. So in my opinion it would be the same supervisor working not multiple but I could be wrong just my thoughts.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Ok, so if I file a “supervisor working” grievance for a third time within 9 months, it should be at triple pay. Now, is that if you file a grievance three times on the same supervisor working, or three times on different supervisors working?

2 or more times, within a 2 year period.

The following language is applicable to grievances arising from Article 37 Section 1(a)
which allege intimidation, harassment, coercion or over supervision:

1. Grievances not resolved by the Local or Area grievance procedure shall be forwarded to the National Article 37 Grievance Committee. Such Committee shall be comprised of an equal number of Union and Employer representatives and a sitting arbitrator who shall decide the merits and penalty of each case in the event of a deadlock by the Committee. Cases will be presented and decided in accordance with Article 8 and the National Grievance Committee Rules of Procedure.

2. The Article 37 Committee shall be empowered to provide a monetary penalty for each proven violation of this Section up to a maximum penalty of three (3) times the employee’s daily guarantee depending on the severity of the offense.

3. Any individual member of management deemed by the Committee to have committed two (2) or more violations of this Section within a two (2) year period shall be required to appear in person before the Committee for any subsequent grievance(s). Failure of the management person to appear, absent a legitimate excuse, shall result in a negative inference.

This is from big union guy, he comes off as old guard and a Hoffa supporter....

You say that, like it might be a negative thing ? ;)

(I was hoping.... that I wasn't being too subtle, with where my loyalties lie.)

-Bug-

Needabiggerhammer

2 or more times, within a 2 year period.

The following language is applicable to grievances arising from Article 37 Section 1(a)
which allege intimidation, harassment, coercion or over supervision:

1. Grievances not resolved by the Local or Area grievance procedure shall be forwarded to the National Article 37 Grievance Committee. Such Committee shall be comprised of an equal number of Union and Employer representatives and a sitting arbitrator who shall decide the merits and penalty of each case in the event of a deadlock by the Committee. Cases will be presented and decided in accordance with Article 8 and the National Grievance Committee Rules of Procedure.

2. The Article 37 Committee shall be empowered to provide a monetary penalty for each proven violation of this Section up to a maximum penalty of three (3) times the employee’s daily guarantee depending on the severity of the offense.

3. Any individual member of management deemed by the Committee to have committed two (2) or more violations of this Section within a two (2) year period shall be required to appear in person before the Committee for any subsequent grievance(s). Failure of the management person to appear, absent a legitimate excuse, shall result in a negative inference.

You say that, like it might be a negative thing ? ;)

(I was hoping.... that I wasn't being too subtle, with where my loyalties lie.)

-Bug-
Bug do you talk out loud the way you type? Can I call you, on the phone...

And hear...

It?