Triples

laffter

A few hours ago, I happened to drive by the building at around 1:30am and saw two triple-trailers arriving at the same time. I didn't realize those things were so common.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Define "common." Triples are legal in about a dozen states, and several of those restrict the roads in which they may travel.

laffter

Well... by common, I mean I just randomly saw two of them. Given how dangerous they are, I figured they would be less commonly seen.

We see them all the time when we take doubles over to the Westpoint IN yard. They take and assemble triples and head east on the tollway.
There was a set of triples in our yard once after a weekend open house. It was in the way so I got to move it to a different location. First and last time I plan on touching one of those.

UPSER110

We see them all the time when we take doubles over to the Westpoint IN yard. They take and assemble triples and head east on the tollway.
There was a set of triples in our yard once after a weekend open house. It was in the way so I got to move it to a different location. First and last time I plan on touching one of those.

yup I saw a ton of them through Ohio and Indiana when I was traveling to Chicago.. Have you ever seen a double 53 footer?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Pretty common in tornado alley. Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas. We have quite a few triple jobs in our building. I probably would, but the way it works, if you're qualified, even if you have a regular job (which I do) and they have a triples run with nobody to run it around your start time, you can be forced to run it. Depending on seniority, of course. The lower guys would be forced first. My seniority is borderline as far as that is concerned. My buddies who run triples say it really isn't that big of a deal. Wider turns, the trailers whip more when its windy, but more time, better time allowances. spif91 runs triples, ask him about them.

Yup. I've seen the pictures of equipment that tried to come across the border after NAFTA. SCARY!!!!!

They ship them here to Chicago and sell them to the Pacella company. Not a one of their s-boxes will pass a real DOT inspection yet UPS lets the in the yard like they own the joint.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
They ship them here to Chicago and sell them to the Pacella company. Not a one of their s-boxes will pass a real DOT inspection yet UPS lets the in the yard like they own the joint.

To honest, I was less than thrilled with some of our own trailers I would inspect for Denver sets that supposedly just had a PMI back in my trailer days. Took me most of the day to make them roadworthy. Cratered bearings, chamber bases rusting apart, etc. Once I was that far in I would align them as well. I figured since they were going that far that they shouldn't be knocking people off the sidewalk on the way.:wink2:

barnyard

KTM rider
Yup. I've seen the pictures of equipment that tried to come across the border after NAFTA. SCARY!!!!!

I have seen photos of Mn and Wi licensed equipment that would send chills down your spine.

When I vacationed in Mx, I made it a point to inspect some of the road equipment. I saw lots of nice stuff down there. It is amazing some of the stuff that gets through inspections......

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I have seen photos of Mn and Wi licensed equipment that would send chills down your spine.

When I vacationed in Mx, I made it a point to inspect some of the road equipment. I saw lots of nice stuff down there. It is amazing some of the stuff that gets through inspections......

All boils down to motivation, ability and $$$$

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
We are all certified to drive them in AZ but they are only allowed in the northernmost part of the State, where the Colorado River/Grand Canyon cuts off that section attached to NV & UT, so only those drivers get to run them. I'm always jealous when I see a set of triples on the road.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
We are all certified to drive them in AZ but they are only allowed in the northernmost part of the State, where the Colorado River/Grand Canyon cuts off that section attached to NV & UT, so only those drivers get to run them. I'm always jealous when I see a set of triples on the road.

See them all the time in Orgegon