Trollolol

Status
Not open for further replies.

65Goat

Re: UPS paying $15 dollar an hour for package handler graveyard ship!!?

I had a helper one year that was a sprinter for the TCU track team, was the absolute worst helper that I ever had. It had nothing to do with race, religion or anything like that. He just didn't transfer his athleticism to the job at hand. I've had washed up college basketball players and and ex-NBA players of the week as helpers. This job has nothing to do with God-given ability, it has everything to do with desire to work hard for a descent wage.

Wow. You are really a sensitive insecure pos. Just forget that this conversation ever happened. I wasn't even trying to offend anyone, I was just speaking my perspectives. People like you are what's wrong with the country in every aspect.

Justaname

Wow. You are really a sensitive insecure pos. Just forget that this conversation ever happened. I wasn't even trying to offend anyone, I was just speaking my perspectives. People like you are what's wrong with the country in every aspect.
Ups is a tough company, just be yourself no matter what the outcome. I say take the chance with ups and yes I've seen folks use the back brace and it seems to help. Good luck in whatever you choose.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
UPS paying $15 dollar an hour for package handler graveyard ship!!?

I meant to say BINGO, brownslave...in case you were wondering...

HubBub

Us TEAMSTERS are all BROTHERS and SISTERS, we're all BROWN (and probably BLACK AND BLUE). Nuff said.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro

Looking at you're avatar will you be seeing the movie coming out soon on Jackie Robinson. Looks awesome.

*your

Its in Manhattan on 643 w 43rd. I guess they're paying so high as an incentive to try to make people stay for that graveyard dreadful shift (1am - 6am) plus overtime is very typically. I'm wondering if I should do it. I could really use the money. I just graduated HS in March and I'm free - I have an abundant of free time. I'm starting college in Fall (August), and I want to save and buy a car by then (a good used car for about $10000). I'm leaning towards doing it. Then when I'm in college, I change back my shift to twilight (6pm-11pm) would it even be possible to change back my shift, or would it be a pain in the rear end? Also, is loading and unloading trucks REALLY hard? I'm very fit and I lift weights. I'm 5 ft 10 and 145ibs. I'm a black male. Also, would I get paid for overtime hours? Is it true that injuries are close to inevitable? Especially back injuries? What if I wear a back brace?

Maybe he capitalized it to draw attention away from the fact that he should probably concentrate more on school than what job he needs. Holy crap dude. Highlighted for effect....

Justaname

*your

Maybe he capitalized it to draw attention away from the fact that he should probably concentrate more on school than what job he needs. Holy crap dude. Highlighted for effect....
Damn, I'm big on the your and you're. You got me you son of a bitch.

Indecisi0n

Blacker the berry sweater the juice.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just asked a simple question----why did the OP feel the need to capitalize "black male"?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Maybe he was trolling for a bigot??

You love to throw around that word like you KNOW what our thought process is. I have no problem with black people, or hispanic people or other NW (Non whites). I have seen white workers who were lazy as hell and black ones who work their butts off. I had 3 helpers this year, 2 black guys and one white guy. The white kid was like 40 and an "accountant" and had NO sense of urgency no matter how many times I told him we had to pick up the pace. One of the black guys also worked preload, and when I told him to pick it up a notch his response was "I ain't even gonna take it out of neutral for $10.50". The 2nd black guy didn't need to be told to work fast. We would get to a house and there would be a house on each side, he would be back to the truck the same time as me.

So, color is totally irrelevant. My issue with this guy was his ridiculous claim that black people work better and harder than anyone else. Sounds like HE'S being a bigot. He played one side of the race cards, so I played the other one.

UPSGUY72

I just asked a simple question----why did the OP feel the need to capitalize "black male"?

It was a valid question and the OP capitalized it for a reason you don't capitalize two word in the middle of a sentence unless you have a reason....

Is UPS going to deduct money out of my paycheck if I havent been there for over a yr?

So their so-called little great benefit program only starts when you're with them for a year. And I know that they'll deduct money out of your paycheck to pay for those benefits. What I'm asking is if they're going to deduct money out of my paycheck for benefits even though I've not been there for a year and I'm not getting any benefits. This is for part time package handler by the way. I have an interview by the way. So I want to know this so I can know what my paycheck will look like if I get hired. I don't really care about any benwfits, because it would be a drain on my paycheck, and I'm not really sure of I'm going to be there when summer ends. All I want to do is make some money and buy a car for college this fall. Also, the HR or the sup (I don't know exactly who he is) at the interview told me that they are paying $15 an hour for the overnight shift for the package handler position. Is it a fraud?

Re: Is UPS going to deduct money out of my paycheck if I havent been there for over a

Does the 401k plan start before before you've been there for a year?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re: Is UPS going to deduct money out of my paycheck if I havent been there for over a

You will have money taken out of your check to pay your union initiation fee and monthly dues. Whether you pay an additonal amount for your health benefits has yet to be decided as our new contract is still being negotiated. If you were told specifically that the hourly rate is $15/hr then that is the hourly rate---it could be that they are having a hard time keeping people for that shift and are having to pay extra to keep it fully staffed.

Just curious, do you plan on going to school in NYC? If so, why would you need a car?

Yes, you can enroll in the 401k once you have your 30 days in.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

So their so-called little great benefit program only starts when you're with them for a year. And I know that they'll deduct money out of your paycheck to pay for those benefits. What I'm asking is if they're going to deduct money out of my paycheck for benefits even though I've not been there for a year and I'm not getting any benefits. This is for part time package handler by the way. I have an interview by the way. So I want to know this so I can know what my paycheck will look like if I get hired. I don't really care about any benwfits, because it would be a drain on my paycheck, and I'm not really sure of I'm going to be there when summer ends. All I want to do is make some money and buy a car for college this fall. Also, the HR or the sup (I don't know exactly who he is) at the interview told me that they are paying $15 an hour for en benefits startthe overnight shift for the package handler position. Is it a fraud?

your biggest concern will be the money grab by the Teamsters.
UPS will deduct when bennies start and anytime the Teamsters submit a deduction.

You will have money taken out of your check to pay your union initiation fee and monthly dues. Whether you pay an additonal amount for your health benefits has yet to be decided as our new contract is still being negotiated. If you were told specifically that the hourly rate is $15/hr then that is the hourly rate---it could be that they are having a hard time keeping people for that shift and are having to pay extra to keep it fully staffed.

Just curious, do you plan on going to school in NYC? If so, why would you need a car?

Yes, you can enroll in the 401k once you have your 30 days in.

Yes I'm planning to go to school in nyc. I hate taking public transportation. It makes me feel drowsy after the ride ends. A car is just more reliable. You can go where ever you want anytime you want without waiting on anything. Plus its much quicker. You know how long it took the train to get me to the interview yestetday? Almost two hours I spent in two trains. I live in queens (far rockaway) and the UPS is in Manhattan.

Status
Not open for further replies.