True Colors

Will you support your union brothers/sisters in the event they are terminated over the vax mandate

• Total voters

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You cannot be neutral on this issue.
It's basically "the little guy" vs *the man". January 4th is basically the two-year mark from the start of the spread. There is no way anyone can justify discipline or termination for those who have worked through the last 2 years.
If you think this is about people being scared of needles or people needing more little incentives, you are extremely misguided. This is about workers rights and the right of individuals to choose what goes into their body.
As I read the proposed mandate, there is an option to be tested weekly if you don't want to take the vaccine.

Why are you guys overlooking this option in your narrative?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So the idea of a union now Is consolidation and defend the turf.
So divisive. A lot of hand washing.
....against the Company through collective bargaining, not against government mandates.

At best, all the Teamsters can do is to require the Company to bargain for effects for those with contracts requiring such.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
As I read the proposed mandate, there is an option to be tested weekly if you don't want to take the vaccine.

They want it both ways. Compromise is not an option.

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member

You can't even call it a mandate, as it leaves you the option to get tested.
On your own, and at your own cost, as there doesn't seem to be anything that says the company will pay for it.

542thruNthru

He said in the debate that he supports the right of people to make their own choices or something to that effect. He also said that it needs to be bargained for.
The question was about employers of members requiring vaccinations. A federal mandate forcing companies to adhere to the rules or be fined is different.

"There are a number of employers, and many of them municipal governments, that are requiring masks on the job, and some of them are beginning to require vaccines on the job. You have members who are school bus drivers, firefighters, policemen, who may be encountering those kinds of mandates for vaccines. What would the Teamsters’ position, what do you think the Teamsters’ position should be when your members encounter that kind of mandate?"

Cowboy Mac

The question was about employers of members requiring vaccinations. A federal mandate forcing companies to adhere to the rules or be fined is different.

"There are a number of employers, and many of them municipal governments, that are requiring masks on the job, and some of them are beginning to require vaccines on the job. You have members who are school bus drivers, firefighters, policemen, who may be encountering those kinds of mandates for vaccines. What would the Teamsters’ position, what do you think the Teamsters’ position should be when your members encounter that kind of mandate?"
Makes sense. If it comes down as a law rather than a company policy, we shouldn’t expect the union to stand up for us in any way. I still think unions should be fighting for workers rights in every theater, not just against companies. If we had an effective union they would be fighting this in the congress.

The question then is what happens when state and federal law conflicts? Vaccine mandates are currently illegal in the state of Texas.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Makes sense. If it comes down as a law rather than a company policy, we shouldn’t expect the union to stand up for us in any way. I still think unions should be fighting for workers rights in every theater, not just against companies. If we had an effective union they would be fighting this in the congress.
Fight it in Congress how....and do you give to DRIVE?
The question then is what happens when state and federal law conflicts? Vaccine mandates are currently illegal in the state of Texas.
Injunctions are filed, then it gets hung up in court and ultimately never takes effect.

quad decade guy

Fight it in Congress how....and do you give to DRIVE?

Injunctions are filed, then it gets hung up in court and ultimately never takes effect.
You do realize that Democrats support the vax......liberals/communist.....the Democratic Party.....who collects Drive.....right? And directly uses Drive against it's members.... So odd...

BTW, injunctions can be appealed and overridden....example: the Texas Abortion thing is in effect....while being litigated....so, can indeed take "effect".

Treegrower

You do realize that Democrats support the vax......liberals/communist.....the Democratic Party.....who collects Drive.....right? And directly uses Drive against it's members.... So odd...

BTW, injunctions can be appealed and overridden....example: the Texas Abortion thing is in effect....while being litigated....so, can indeed take "effect".
Those Democrats! Liberals / communists! How dare they? Don’t they , the very union you criticize as liberal and communists provide you the very health care your wife needs for cancer treatments? At little or no cost to you. Obama care MANDATED no lifetime caps on insurance. I’ll bet you’re really pissed about that. Those liberals! Those communists!
It’s no wonder people on here make fun of you and disrespect your every post. I’d tell you to bugger off and go fly a plan but I’m willing to bet you can’t even fly a kite.

Non sequitur

There are simply no guarantees that once you relinquish control over any aspects of life, that the third party will always do what is in your best interest. That's why a union can be a wedge to keep all parties honest.

quad decade guy

Those Democrats! Liberals / communists! How dare they? Don’t they , the very union you criticize as liberal and communists provide you the very health care your wife needs for cancer treatments? At little or no cost to you. Obama care MANDATED no lifetime caps on insurance. I’ll bet you’re really pissed about that. Those liberals! Those communists!
It’s no wonder people on here make fun of you and disrespect your every post. I’d tell you to bugger off and go fly a plan but I’m willing to bet you can’t even fly a kite.
Ok.

Remember.....I pay dues for Union representation. Yes, they negotiated our contract and are paid for it(by me).....with no complaints from me. For 40 years.

Now Chief.....you do realize UPS PAID FOR THAT INSURANCE.....not the UNION. OBAMA HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

I had this insurance when OBAMA was still smoking weed in Hawaii.

I work for my benefits. Union doesn't give me ANYTHING! I pay for it. UPS provides it.

Now about DRIVE.....the Union is a Democrat left wing/communist organization.....this is settled history. DRIVE is a political weapon used directly against me. Settled history.

You would be wrong about about me being able to fly a "plan".....I'll take that bet. Anytime anywhere. Matter of fact....I'll fly up in my own "plan" and collect the money.

Jealousy and inadequacy fuel hate(like you). It's no wonder indeed.