True or false tardiness & seniority local 104

Union 💪🏽 Strong

Management in Goodyear facility are saying that if you come in late you are not guaranteed your hours whether combo 8hrs or part time 3.5 hours! Is management correct?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
yes but check your contract and suppliments for how they can make schedule changes. Company likes to play this game where they think they can text everybody to show up earlier or later than X. You have to be tardy according to contractually agreed upon scheduling, not whatever they choose is your start time.

Personally, I like the extra-contractual start time adjustments. It means I can show up whenever between the two times and get to work immediately.

Management in Goodyear facility are saying that if you come in late you are not guaranteed your hours whether combo 8hrs or part time 3.5 hours! Is management correct?

Das da troof, troof!!!
FilthyNewAnnashummingbird-size_restricted.gif

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Yes, but you are guaranteed the rest of the shift. Ex: If you are an 8 hour guy and show up 10 minutes late, you are guaranteed 7 hours and 50 minutes.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Lol is that hard to show up? I’m sure this isn’t exclusive to my hub, but people are constantly calling out and showing up late . Must not want a job.

J.D. Hogg

Lol is that hard to show up? I’m sure this isn’t exclusive to my hub, but people are constantly calling out and showing up late . Must not want a job.
In my building, there are about 10 employees who regularly either come in 15 minutes late (I'm talkin' three days out of a five-day work week) and/or call in to say they are 'sick' at exactly the required one-hour-before-start-time, and when they finally do show up, the supervisor jokes around with these lazy idiots instead of reprimanding them.

The on-time preloaders always have to cover for the late/fake-sick ones.

That's a normal day where I work.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
In my building, there are about 10 employees who regularly either come in 15 minutes late (I'm talkin' three days out of a five-day work week) and/or call in to say they are 'sick' at exactly the required one-hour-before-start-time, and when they finally do show up, the supervisor jokes around with these lazy idiots instead of reprimanding them.

The on-time preloaders always have to cover for the late/fake-sick ones.

That's a normal day where I work.

sounds typical. Ups management loves to coddle its slackers.

nWo

The only people that routinely get sent home in under 8 hours are the slackers. They don't want to work and the sups don't want to deal with a driver that can only handle 10 stops an hour.