Trump Picks Kavanaugh for SCOTUS (not Hardiman)

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
DhtPvJ6W0AEWxv6.jpg

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Why? He’s a well reasoned judge. We may not agree on everything, but he is qualified.

Not a hill to die on, though I would delay his confirmation vote as long as possible.
I agree. He needs a proper public vetting. I just figured you'd be very opposed to any Trump candidate. You're not one of those ultra-ignorant leftists. DIDO is more that breed.

vantexan

Why? He’s a well reasoned judge. We may not agree on everything, but he is qualified.

Not a hill to die on, though I would delay his confirmation vote as long as possible.
Probably why Trump picked him, to insure enough votes to get him passed. And they only need 50 to pass him.

vantexan

He is probably god awful if you aren’t declaring him a Nazi and screaming to the sky’s.
David Souter was expected to be conservative but turn into a reliable liberal vote. There's no telling how things will turn out. Obamacare would have effectively ended if not for Roberts.

El Correcto

god is dead
David Souter was expected to be conservative but turn into a reliable liberal vote. There's no telling how things will turn out. Obamacare would have effectively ended if not for Roberts.
Barrett wouldn’t of grown a liberal conscience, she would of crushed those liberals because JESUS CHRIST lawdy lawdy.

Box Ox

Barrett wouldn’t of grown a liberal conscience, she would of crushed those liberals because JESUS CHRIST lawdy lawdy.

I think Ginsburg dies before the 2020 elections and Trump taps Barrett as her replacement. Unless Mueller’s report says Donald has been very naughty and something happens with his Presidential tenure.

El Correcto

god is dead
I think Ginsburg dies before the 2020 elections and Trump taps Barrett as her replacement. Unless Mueller’s report says Donald has been very naughty and something happens with his Presidential tenure.
That’s a good bedtime story for me thanks for the reassurance my guy.

Darn. The invisible hand of the private market could have acted sooner to lower healthcare costs.
When has healthcare ever been privatized or had a chance to flourish in a free market?
Government strangle hold causing artificial doctor shortages.
Doctor shortages: Here's the real culprit

The medical field being free from competing for almost a century now.
How did America end up with this health care system?
“But tying health care to employment naturally left out two vulnerable groups — those who are unable to work or worked in low-paying jobs without health benefits, and those who were beyond working age. Seniors, in particular, were being priced out of the market, as greater health plan penetration meant more health care was being consumed, resulting in health cost inflation.”

oldngray

nowhere special
Kavanaugh sounds a lot like another Scalia. He is a strict Constitutionalist. Rule by what the law says and not try to legislate from the bench.

The nominee said his judicial philosophy is “straightforward.”

“A judge must be independent and must interpret the law, not make the law,” he said. “A judge must interpret statutes as written. And a judge must interpret the Constitution as written, informed by history and tradition and precedent.”
Brett Kavanaugh is Donald Trump Supreme Court nominee

Last edited:

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
Kavanaugh sounds a lot like another Scalia. He is a strict Constitutionalist. Rule by what the law says and not try to legislate from the bench.

“A judge must be independent and must interpret the law, not make the law,” he said. “A judge must interpret statutes as written. And a judge must interpret the Constitution as written, informed by history and tradition and precedent.”
This is all I want. I don't care if they are liberal or conservative or what their personal beliefs are as long as they follow the laws and constitution as is and not legislate from the bench. If you don't like a law there is a process to go about changing it but it does not involve the judicial branch. A Justice should not make decisions based on party lines but on law and if that doesn't always go your way that's okay.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

I don’t see Coach K being as socially conservative as Scalia which is fine with me!

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
He is a bit to the left of Scalia but fits in fairly well as a Kennedy replacement. He's not a hardcore conservative but that won't stop Democrats from attacking him anyway.
Its not even democrats, its dumb arse entitled mfers who think they should just be given every gosh darn thing. I say these people should be immediately inserted into third world countries because they have absolutely no perspective on how fckn well they got it here.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
He is a bit to the left of Scalia but fits in fairly well as a Kennedy replacement. He's not a hardcore conservative but that won't stop Democrats from attacking him anyway.
To me, he reminds me of Kennedy but a tad more Constitutionalist.
I liked Kennedy myself.
He was closer to my line of thought than any of the other 8 SCOTUS.