Trump\Russia Connection: How many more ...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
How many more of these Trump\Russia connections before normal people start to take them seriously?
If you repeat something enough times, people start to believe it!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Congress on both sides of the aisle are taking notice.
I agree.
At first, I just wrote it off as the normal "party not in power looking for something to do" antics but how many more "issues" involving Russia before this affects the running of the Central Government?

I agree.
At first, I just wrote it off as the normal "party not in power looking for something to do" antics but how many more "issues" involving Russia before this affects the running of the Central Government?
Will it become as big as Watergate in 1973. I remember watching the senate hearings that summer that led to Nixon's resignation in August. It was a bipartison investigation that led to the presidents downfall just like now.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
poor democrats .
They say they want to help run the country , but only if they are in charge .
Here they go after another non story .
Now if they put as much energy into doing their jobs .
I would not feel sorry for any of them if the voters got sick of them .
What a great mid term election 2018 will be when they lose more seats and are out of fake stories to blame for their failures .

Catatonic

Nine Lives
poor democrats .
What a great mid term election 2018 will be when they lose more seats and are out of fake stories to blame for their failures .
The Demos job is the same as the Repubs a year ago ... block everything the other party is trying to do.

moreluck

golden ticket member
poor democrats .
Where was the Democratic fury when Ted Kennedy tried to use Russians and promised them our TV access to fix an election. Pelosi didn't say anything when it was really happening.

BrownArmy

Honestly, if the revelations keep coming, it would be in Trump's interest to have a special prosecutor appointed, so that he and Congress could get to doing their jobs instead of having to deal with all of this.

At some point, it will become so untenable that it will consume the day to day workings of this administration.

By appointing a special prosecutor, Republicans can say, "See, we want to get to the truth just as much as anybody", the heat will be taken off of Congress, and Trump can try to get some of his ambitious agenda legislated.

If there's nothing to hide, why not? :wink-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
What's the longest in history that it took for a president to get his full cabinet....his work force, approved and in place?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Honestly, if the revelations keep coming, it would be in Trump's interest to have a special prosecutor appointed, so that he and Congress could get to doing their jobs instead of having to deal with all of this.

At some point, it will become so untenable that it will consume the day to day workings of this administration.

This echoes word for word what Chuck Todd said last night.

bbsam

Staff member
This echoes word for word what Chuck Todd said last night.
It's also BS. I remember watching Newt on TV advising Bill Clinton to just, "Tell the truth. The American people are a forgiving people."

But it's clear these questions that began well before the election aren't going away no matter how long the president points at his historic win.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's also BS. I remember watching Newt on TV advising Bill Clinton to just, "Tell the truth. The American people are a forgiving people."

But it's clear these questions that began well before the election aren't going away no matter how long the president points at his historic win.
Why don't you go to Russia and get to the bottom of this??!!!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Obama administration helped set up the first meeting Jeff Sessions had with the Russian ambassador in 2016 during the RNC Convention .
He gave a speech at a meeting for Ambassadors invited by the Obama State Dept and shook hands with several Ambassadors afterwards. Hardly a smoking gun .
But keep attacking those windmills my friend .

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
it'll go nowhere; they can drag it out forever until the public gets bored of it, not like hillary who had an election to win right away

bbsam

Staff member
The Obama administration helped set up the first meeting Jeff Sessions had with the Russian ambassador in 2016 during the RNC Convention .
He gave a speech at a meeting for Ambassadors invited by the Obama State Dept and shook hands with several Ambassadors afterwards. Hardly a smoking gun .
But keep attacking those windmills my friend .
Attack? No. But this isn't going away as long as more information keeps coming out.