Trump Signs VA Health Improvement on D-Day

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Trump signs bill to help provide better and quicker access to healthcare for Veterans on the 74th anniversary of D-Day

size0.jpg

It will be fine

Trump signs veterans health bill as White House works against bipartisan plan to fund it

... behind the scenes his administration is fighting a bipartisan Senate effort to fund the legislation.

White House has engaged in a quiet effort to thwart the senators’ plan, encouraging lawmakers to vote it down and instead asking Congress to pay for the veterans programs by cutting spending elsewhere.
Ditch the whole system, give veterans a Medicare card, let em use whatever doctor they want.

rod

Retired 22 years
Ditch the whole system, give veterans a Medicare card, let em use whatever doctor they want.

I would vote for that but I have to admit I've NEVER had a problem using any VA services. I can't say the same thing about our local private health care facilities. My only problem with the VA is I have to get any prescription through the mail (usually just a 3 day wait) --------but they are free so it isn't the end of the world.

Box Ox

I would vote for that but I have to admit I've NEVER had a problem using any VA services.

Might it be a different experience for veterans with war wounds/artificial limbs/chronic conditions/immediate care needs etc? I dunno, not a veteran.

vantexan

Might it be a different experience for veterans with war wounds/artificial limbs/chronic conditions/immediate care needs etc? I dunno, not a veteran.
Yes, just knowing someone occupies the head office makes everything run so much better.

rod

Retired 22 years

I qualify as a disabled vet (20% rated at the moment) that gets me VA care because I can prove I was in areas of Vietnam where Agent Orange was heavily used.. I alternate between a private practice and the VA clinic here. Like I said I have no trouble with VA health care here. I could have been getting disability checks from Uncle Sam since 1970 but was never one to take a free handout (probably stupid of me but that's the way I was raised). When our Central States pension announced it was toast I decided I would check into VA disability payments to make up for some of a lost pension check. The closer the pension gets to going completely TU I will be looking to get a higher percentage to increase my monthly VA ck. Any improvement to VA health care is a blessing for many.

Indecisi0n

I qualify as a disabled vet (20% rated at the moment) that gets me VA care because I can prove I was in areas of Vietnam where Agent Orange was heavily used.. I alternate between a private practice and the VA clinic here. Like I said I have no trouble with VA health care here. I could have been getting disability checks from Uncle Sam since 1970 but was never one to take a free handout (probably stupid of me but that's the way I was raised). When our Central States pension announced it was toast I decided I would check into VA disability payments to make up for some of a lost pension check. The closer the pension gets to going completely TU I will be looking to get a higher percentage to increase my monthly VA ck. Any improvement to VA health care is a blessing for many.
That's very honorable. That's a rare trait these days.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm on SSD and I feel a tinge of guilt on occasions but then think about the "over half million" I paid in taxes in the last 15 years and then I feel just fine.
The same cuckservatives who complain about liberal spending will drain the taxpayer coffers dry with Medicare spending because their lazy irresponsible obese asses can't put down their cheeseburgers. Hypocrites.